Which slalom do you recommend ?

JuanJ

• Baller

I have been skiing on a 2017 Radar Pro Build. Which ski would you recommend?

Currently running tournament PB - 5 bouys at 32 off 36 mph, practice PB - 6 bouys at 35 off at 36 mph.

I weight 182-187 pounds. 5 feet 11 inches tall.

I was planning on buying a 67" or a 68" ski

Thanks for your help

• Baller
I’ve skied the 22 Vapor, NRG R2 and Denali C85 this season. All highly capable, and none you have listed would hold you back I’d bet. I’m currently on the Vapor and really love the way it turns. The Denali had an automatic offside for me, and the NRG was very forgiving on both sides of the course. Ran my best practice scores on the Vapor followed by the C85, but I’m pretty sure if I’d tried the NRG later in the season the gap between the three would be no more than 1-2 buoys.

• Baller

Still tweaking and getting to know it - 67 " D3 NRG R2 -34mph. Quite a departure in feel from my Omega but I am really really liking it. We are very close in body weight and it skis well right down to 30mph. Something I never got from any other ski before, so I have been able slow down to work on specific issues. I have found it sensitive to adjustments which has actually helped dial it in because each time I change something I can feel the difference immediately.

Your list and posts have many good skis so like others have said, try as many as you can to see what fits.

• Baller
Try out as many as you can. There are no bad skis out there. You have to find the one that works for you. I have been on O'Briens, D3, and Connelly. I am on a 2015 Connelly GT right now. I get into 32off most of the time and sometimes 35 off. I sometimes think the GT may be above my ability level, but it is great in rough water. It slices right through it. The Radars and HO's are very fast. I could not get in sync with the HO Syndicate A1 because it would slip out from under me, and the Radar felt unstable in rough water but felt like my Connelly otherwise. Bear in mind I will ski on water that most of my peers would sit out for the day. Most of the skis I had required some fin adjustments and binding moves, but the D3 Nomad RCX was the only ski that worked perfect for me right out of the box.