Miami Pro Slalom November 13-14 at Greater Miami Ski Club

Ali

• Baller

Greater Miami Ski Club is proud to be hosting the final waterski pro tour event of the season. This is a slalom only tournament. The Waterski Broadcast Company will be providing their usual excellent coverage so you can watch the final waterski slalom pro tour placements decided.

TWBC Saturday

TWBC Sunday

Thanks to our main sponsors Miami Nautique, Coastal Construction and Land Rover of South Dade.

• Baller

Any BOS folks coming along to watch live? For those of you who have not been to GMSC, great site with trees and buildings along each bank. We have 5 slalom courses including a true 8 ball course.

9q5icdfhj8md.png

Any volunteers who want to help out let me know. Still plenty of things to do leading up to the big weekend.

Cheers

Ali

• Baller
@Roger thanks. Will try and get fulling running list and order posted here. I do know that Whitney was in but now out unfortunately. Been hectic here skiing and trying to help at club and set up new apartment.

• Baller
@Mateo_Vargas - It's fresh and deep (not too clean though). Warehouses on both sides so good protection unless north or south wind. Rollback can be bad depending on depth at the time. Seen wait times from 60 to 120. I feel it's a tad slower than Okeeheelee, have been some great scores there in the past.

• Baller_
Because of TWBC I’ve been looking forward to watching these tournaments this season just as much as The Hot Summer Nights on ESPN back in the day. That’s actually saying a lot. The flat screen, snacks and comfy chair will be ready.

• Baller

Not at all brackish, very deep, water is clean but occasionally we get debris flying across from folks throwing litter away. We try and do regular canal clean ups especially before tournaments. Lake is 30 feet deep!! So skis slow as water is warm but fast as it is deep. hard to describe. If you ski well it feels great if you ski badly is goes to crap fast, at least for me.

As @Roger said only north or south winds hurt us. Skied in 30-40 mph winds east west before. Forecast is unusual so far for this weekend with very little wind, Normally I expect a 10-15 from somewhere on the east side. Things can change will give wind update later. Or maybe just pass wind details to @TonyLightfoot and he can tell you what crap I talk directly.

We do get backwash depending on the wait time and the canal. Nothing the pros can't handle. Saw Sam Dumala this week going on 2 beep of the wait timer on her 38. I would have waited for 4 to even attempt my 28.

Psyched for Sat Sun as I am dock starter for 9-11 both days. TWBC are there setting up already today. Met the team. so friendly.

Cheers

Ali

• Baller_
@Ali Bit off topic but the history on the ski club and sight might interest a few. What was the intent of those canals? Why were they dug and why so deep? How did skiers acquire access and ultimately form a club with multiple courses?

• Baller
met @lpskier and his beautiful 2 pups. Sat on the dock, helping out, was great just chatting to all the pros feeling the vibe. Was in the boat watching Becky drive Dane Mechler. His 10.75m was so easy!!

• Baller
Amazing show, so incredible to have waterskiing in our living room multiple weekends this year. Tony's comments were very entertaining particularly his reaction to the EM win "if anyone drew that up they CERTAINLY deserve their Connelly slalom ski" LOL. Well done all around, great show.

• Baller
@Web there was brief mention of Will and T-Gas at the end of the broadcast. Apparently they both finished with the same point total. 216 I believe, some sort of tie break factor then kicked in that went Will's way....not sure what it was. Taking nothing away from Will I thought T-Gas seemed like the more consistent podium skier throughout the season. However he missed a few events mid summer which may have affected the tie-breaker.