Masters Webcast

APB

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
We talk about this every year. Dano. Just what is his connection to Nautique, or Callaway or whoever makes decisions of this sort? Obviously somebody, somewhere loves him. I suppose whoever makes such decisions never hears or reads opinions on him. Let him do wake board and pair somebody (anybody) up with Tyler for 3 event.

• Baller
Do we have to have the same conversation every year? It is what it is and I dont mind some variety in broadcast announcers throughout the season. (no offense TWBC and Tony) And has been pointed out these guys are doing double duty annoucing for the live crowd first and the broadcast as well hope to see some ballers there on Sunday

• Baller
Cannot watch tricks with volume. Use trick terminology for tricks and wake board rhetoric for wake board. You are doing tricks an injustice and people who watch to practice trick calling. Call it what it is. Tired of this. Let Tyler do the tricks and please use the "trick" calling language.

• Administrators
Look guys Dano, is legitimately a super nice guy who loves skiing. His announcing style is not my preferred style but he is doing what he is being paid to do.

• Baller
@Horton this has nothing to with his personality. I’m sure he is a great person. But when what sounds like the majority of people on this site don’t like his style maybe Nautique should take notice. His style for slalom is horrible.

• Baller
@Horton the same comments have been made for the past couple years. I can't imagine he hasn't read or heard about the comments already. It would be nice if he chilled a little. It is unfortunate that so many of the viewers of the broadcast have to mute the TV.

• Baller
I think Dano is doing just fine. As already mentioned, they are doing the onsite announcing and I think they are doing a good job keeping the atmosphere exciting. Glad that there is a webcast available and that events like this are getting support from sponsors.

• Baller
@horton, he’s working hard and brings a strong energy. The job needs that. He has character, like Howard Cosell. Many loved Howard and many didn’t because he brought character to the job. He may be more of a boarder than a skier, but Dano does fine by me and I bet I’m not alone in that sentiment.

• Baller
Is there any way to watch other than live? I paused after McCormick to get some yard work done, and when I came back, it just jumped straight to live, which was Winter's 6 ball review.

• Baller
Criticism comes with the job… I’m sure Dano is an awesome person. He seems like it. My comment was based off of me wanting to listen to the masters but me not wanting to listen to Dano scream into the microphone. I also agree with the wakeboard Trickski comments… It’s weird. And I’m not a trick skier. I just picked it up instantly while it was playing in the house this morning. I do find it interesting that Freddy’s review was so uncertain… The masters definitely needs to step up their game in regards to video review and camera angles. Any doubt whatsoever that Freddy might have got around that ball should have gotten a proper review. Our sport is past the days of poor camera work and just relying on a boat/tower judges Eye.

• Baller

I think Dano does a great job. Brings a little liveliness to an otherwise boring call. He could do better on the trick terminology.

My biggest complaint of the broadcast is no rewind feature.. would love to watch the mens ski but now I can’t? Do replays get posted anywhere? What happened with Freddie?

• Baller_
Unless the judges saw video that’s different from the webcast, I don’t know how they could see six ball. It was obscured. Unless they actually see he missed it, tie goes to the runner. But maybe they are looking at different or clearer video than was broadcast.

Lpskier

• Baller
The judges had a camera mounted on the pylon via ski doc that they were using to make calls. They also have the camera man in the boat which is what the webcast was watching. You could tell the officials knew the weight of the decision that was being made, and to the best of their ability made the call they felt was correct.

@BlueSki Howard Cosell certainly had a unique personality but he never called a boxing match like they call the WWF. Just like you wouldn’t call a baseball game using cricket terminology or use rugby terms for football.

• Baller

@Horton if the call was made off that footage then It’s a BS call and we can all understand his frustration. In fact I would be blowing up 100x worse if it was me, and just shows how laughable our little sport is.

Regarding the webcast. We have been spoiled with TWBC. Anything less is not acceptable. The masters is meant to be a prestigious event. It’s lost it for me, and I’m certainly disappointed. I’m with Bob Marley, rename the Nautique pro haha but for sure I will not be watching the final. It’s a tainted event that I will not be giving my view to.

• Baller
Completely agree with @addkerr the Masters is supposed to be a prestigious event and it’s been so tainted with the judges performance yesterday. The amount of dedication these athletes put into these events and then to be treated in such a horrendous way is despicable, doesn’t matter which athlete it happens to. It shouldn’t happen full stop. If this is the future of the competitive waterskiing world in regards to the standard of the judging then something needs to be seriously reviewed and changed because it’s simply not good enough and quite frankly embarrassing.

• Baller
They need to come to the future. The broadcast of this event which is considered prestigious is not. The announcing is obnoxious and the webcast is outdated with the camera views and video quality. So hard to watch compared to TWBC on Youtube. And the constant nonstop reading of commercials by Dano. And what about a replay on Jamie Bull's pass where she missed the gate? I don't care how nice a guy Dano is horton. Get a a guy that can call slalom skiing that you can tolerate listening too and don't have to mute

• Baller
The worst announcing in all of sports. I had people asking me what in the world I was watching? The request to mute was definitely asked. It's sad if you are trying to regrow a sport that you have tooo lis-ten tooooo annn annnnn-ouncccccc-errrrr add 3 or 4 seconds to a single syllable. It is sad for sure Balllllllll-offfffffffff-Spraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.