Narrowing Ski Vest Choice - User Comments

ALPJr

• Baller
Stokes has impressed me. I was skeptical i'd like mine when I bought it, It seemed a little bulkier and than my previous vests. Having worn it all season i can honestly say i'm really enjoying it. Fits well, is comfortable, seems durable, has not stretched out at all, does not inhibit movement in any way. It has significantly more flotation than my old slasher vest, which is a nice feature on public water. It does what its suppose to do and it does it well.

• Baller
You guys got me all excited to order a Stokes, as I need a new vest as well. Unfortunately, they only seem to be available in size M or smaller right now, and I need a large. :'(

• Baller

I’m typically very loyal to a company that puts out good products and is loyal to me with good customer service. My ski partner blew out the side of a brand new Eagle vest and they said (paraphrasing) not our problem and sent it back to him, not even offering him repair with cost. I had a new Eagle Platinum and my old Eagle at the time, so haven’t had to replace yet. So, with his experience, and the annoyance of their stitching coming undone (which, to me, is really more of a cosmetic issue) I will be looking elsewhere. In fairness though, and full disclosure, I have LOVED, my Eagles and they have lasted years, even with the stitching issues noted above.

I don’t have any experience with any of the others but the Aqua Flyers I’ve seen look like my next vest