2022 Nautique 200 Wakes

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hello Folks

I have a question and would appreciate any remedies, people might have, we took delivery of a New Nautique 200 around April time.

When Skiing 32mph @ 22 off the wakes seem to be very hard indeed, other boat speeds and line lengths do not seem to be affected, does anybody have a fix for this or is it simply Hull Design.

The only other issue is that the trim tab keeps moving , think we have a fix for this.

• Baller
Adjustments can be made to the Hydrogate. Also, less fuel helps, 2 people in the boat, no weight in the bow, etc. Watching Nationals this year behind the Malibu the wake looked terrible for some and not for others at the same speed and line length. The better skiers that are stacked properly and understand the correct pull zone had no issues with the wake and looked seamless. Other that may not have had proper technique was getting their butt kicked.

• Administrators

@AJL60

The hulls were built at Bryant for a while. I'm not 100% sure but I think the molds were moved back to Orlando so the whole boats are again built at Nautique.

• Baller
There is a definitely sweet spot for the hydrogate and it might need some micro-adjustment up or down. I'd use a straight edge and see if it lines up with the rails as a place to start if you have the weight distribution right and you don't have a tower.

• Baller
I had heard that the newer versions of the 200 when Natique moved the manufacturing to Bryant are 300 to 400 pounds heavier because of the materials used and manufacturing process? This would certainly add to the 22 off wake. Some people just can't leave a good thing alone.

• Baller

Am I wrong to compare the wakes between a 2017 CB and a 2022 OB there is an argument that they are two different boats. The weight that I have taken from the internet is 2850 lbs for the CB and 3400 for the OB, can anybody confirm that this is correct?

• Baller

@AJL60 The issue is not necessarily whether the boats has seats in the front or not.

While the 2019+ Nautique 200 (which is now called the Ski Nautique 200 again) has the same running surface to my knowledge the deck mold changed and they were using a different construction method when they were being manufactured at Bryant in Tennessee. I believe the Ski Nautique 200 is now being produced at Correct Craft World Headquarters in Orlando.

• Baller
Stevie Boy, it is not your boat!! I currently own a 2019 Nautique 200. Previous boat was 2017 ProStar, before that a 2018 TXI. THEY ARE ALL EXCELLENT, PERIOD. End of story. It is your form, I’m sorry. 22 off on any of these is not the sweet spot but if properly stacked, it is a non issue. Like I said, I’ve owned them all, I just happen to think there is a lot more to a ski boat than the wake. Personally, my last purchase of the 200 came down to what I perceive as superior quality build (just opinion) and superior tracking (fact).

• Baller

@NashoNash it is a group of people who ski @32mph some have very good form others not so good, we have two boats, one is the closed bow older 200, the other one is the 2022 OB, a big difference between the wakes, it seems the 2022 wake wise is a step backwards.

It was planned to purchase another OB 200 but that is now under scrutiny.

We endeavour to have two boats that ski the same