What do you feel when you know you ran a good pass?

JayShower

Yesterday I had a couple passes that felt really good, and it made me want to start a discussion on this.

During those passes I felt like I had an awareness of the rope swinging around the pylon, I could feel it in the back of my mind, and felt totally connected with the boat. It felt very strange because that doesn't happen often for me! Was just curious how other people know they ran a good pass. (Right now I am working on running 34 -22 consistently).

I think what helped me this week is I just went back to the basics and was focused on finding that good feeling on the water. It's tourney season for NCWSA and last week I had the wrong attitude and was so hungry for buoys trying to get a better score for the tournament, that by Friday I was a little burnt out. Definitely needed to tone it down this week, someone on my team pointed that out too, and I am feeling much better. I think this is something Marcus Brown likes to emphasize too - that we should be looking for the right feeling on the water.

• Baller

Like others have said, it feels really slow. Sometimes I even have to ask for the time thinking my driver set the speed wrong.

This goes along with enough time to focus on various elements of technique…in my head…ok reach here, drive hips there, head up, etc.

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

That’s why we keep coming back. THAT FEELING. I am sort of all over the place when I ski , but when I calm down and stay over my ski and in synch with the boat , remarkable things happen. My remarkable is only 35 off , but the feeling of running a real smooth pass is hard to beat. That’s why I keep coming back. Chasing THAT FEELING.

• Baller

I'll bite. When you run a good pass it feels effortless, if you're riding the right line the boat does all the work because you're riding the swing perfectly. Every turn the same; in and out with speed, every wake crossing the same. Even the sound of the motor hum is the same on every pull. I ran a 38 behind @rico a couple of weeks ago and I told him that was one of the best passes I ever ran in my life of any line lengths. The above was the things I felt came to mind.