Living in the Midwest in winter...

Slalom.Steve

• Baller_

In Northern Minnesota our winters are so long we talk to our buddies about the "good old days", trying to remember our ski sessions from the last summer.   This screen-saver is my reminder.   (the ski has been replaced with a C85) 

ski.JPG

Edited by swbca
  • Like 8

• Baller

Yep Minnesota winters can definitely get long! Not sure how long the wife will let me stay here 😉 Not sure the kids want to come back after college either 😞 

Lots to do if you can deal with the cold. "There's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing choices" holds a little bit of truth but there comes a point when I'm really looking forward to shorts & sandals. Gotta find a way to stay active, my main one is racquetball 3X a week followed by a super hot session in the steam room, no dry skin here!

Here is my screen saver to remind me of the fun times in summer coming up soon!

boats at CSA.jpg

• Like 3

• Baller
On 2/14/2023 at 10:40 PM, 6balls said:

@Bruce_Butterfielduntil you can spell don't give me shit--it's bourbon!  

@shell one half of the 1100 hp in my garage is my wife's Benz AMG SUV--the other half is my Panamera Turbo.  Maserati not high on my list perse although they have some cool offerings.  

and I got shit for a picture of a ford Bronco.......

• Like 1

• Baller

March 23, 2013 my buddy texted me from the twin cites lake we ski on. “I’m out here on the ice parked next to an ice fisherman who reports 23” of ice still on the lake. Let’s ski!”  He had an old pair of snow skis in his garage so 6 of us took some runs behind the Suburban. 

I tried a pair of combo skis too but that wasn’t much fun.

0F50E821-CFAB-4D64-A17D-E4685077F348.jpeg

D816B8D4-9863-4C05-9F26-E9FA9A9AD25D.jpeg

5DED895C-F952-4045-BECC-F21E963DAC0A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2