Auburn University Waterski Team

WBLskier

• Baller

"D1 and D2" are after my time but I think that designation is only relevant to nationals and based on regional performance that year.  From the NCWSA webstite:

Split of Division 1 & Division 2

The first place team from each Regional's will compete for the National Championship in Division 1. The second through fifth place team from each Regional Championship, the 6th placed Membership team, plus the three wildcard teams, shall be placed into a simulated tournament based on A-Team fall season rankings to determine the split of the Division I and Division II fields. The top eight teams from this simulated tournament will join the four Regional Champions in Division I. The bottom twelve teams from this tournament will compete in Division II.

• Baller_

@WBLskier First, War Eagle! Auburn’s Water ski team trains at Divorce Lake in Valley, Al., about an hour from campus. It’s a great three event site. @mmosley899 is pretty involved with the team, as is alumni Jeff Gilbert. My daughter skied for AU from 2010 to 2014 and had a hugely positive experience.  She was D2 National women’s jump champion in 2014. 

As a northerner, I was southern college illiterate when my daughter was applying to school. When I was applying to college, my idea of a southern school was Princeton. My wife and I were very impressed with the Auburn campus, academic program and community. It was an A+ experience. I can’t say enough positive things about the school. 

PM me if you’d like more info or some phone numbers. 

Lpskier

• Baller

As @lpskierstated, Auburn skis at Divorce Lake. The lake is about 25 minutes from the school. The team has a 2013 Mastercraft and are working on getting another boat. Divorce Lake has a jump and surveyed course. Auburn is Div. 2, and they typically have a spring and a fall tournament at the lake.

IMG_0011.jpeg

• Like 3

• Baller

War Eagle! I can get you in touch with the current president if you like. @mmosley899 is heavily involved and doing a ton for them. And @Horton said it correctly, that lake is freaking awesome! I’d also agree with @lpskier the community and culture of Auburn University is very positive. The creed is something I still believe strongly in. “Nothing in this world is given. I believe in work, hard work”

• Like 1

• Baller

@WBLskier we would love to have you and your daughter come down to visit the campus and ski with us this spring or summer. Send me your contact information and I will get it added to our recruitment list so that you know when our events are.

• Like 1

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller