Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Ski season is coming!

Horton

• Baller

Don't see much sun between November and April in northeast Ohio and northwest PA this time of year. Right now, just over 8 hours of daylight.  Even if I could ski year round I would only be able to do it on the weekends. I am at work during the daylight hours. 

• Administrators

The psychologically optimistic part of all this is that starting Friday, December 22, 2023, we will stop losing daily sunlight, which has been going on since June, and instead finally start to increase it!

This gain will be minuscule at first, just a matter of seconds a day, but will steadily grow until daily daylight expands by three daily minutes per day in March.

source https://www.almanac.com/how-much-daylight-do-we-gain-after-winter-solstice#:~:text=This gain will be minuscule,minutes per day in March.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Coming? It's summer solstice tomorrow. I've just spent the last 3 days days coaching a children's waterski school. No bimini on the outboard we were using, temp peaking at 33degC, sun block applied couple of times per hour. Fun but I'm feeling it today!  Have only skied my 3 times this summer but have next 2 weeks on holiday so will get into it

• Like 2

• Administrators

An important global moment arrives at 10:27 p.m. EST on Thursday, 21 December 2023 when the sun shines above the Tropic of Capricorn in the southern hemisphere.

Winter solstice north of the equator and summer solstice south of it signals the official beginning of a new season.

• Like 5

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can