BallOfSpray turns 14 years old this month

Horton

• Administrators

@The_MS I got rid of almost all my inventory and r&d stuff but I might have a 106 somewhere. The magic ones were really the 98s and I could never recreate them after I lost that supplier.

if I get out to the workshop today I'll look for you

• Administrators

@BlueSki I was just posting about that in a forum for site admins. In the early days it seemed like I was banning at least one user a month. Now it is a few per year or less. The bad actors are entertaining but are not good for the goal of promoting the sport. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Kudos to @Horton and everyone that contributes. This site has been a great source of information and entertainment and the access to knowledge for a little known sport is unparalleled.

I've spent many hours reading about technique and theory especially when someone would post a picture or video and ask for feedback from the knowledgeable folks on this forum. I'm hoping that continues and even increases in the future.

• Like 1

• Baller
On 12/19/2023 at 3:34 PM, Horton said:

Sometime in December 2009 BallOfSpray took the basic form it has today. 14 Years is a long time.

I could not do it without you guys!

You've created an awesome space for our ski community. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Administrators

@The_MS it is .008" thicker and a tick stiffer. 

106 is 10 layers vertical and 6 horizontal

116 is 11 layers vertical and 6 horizontal

If I remember I made the 106 just to get thinner so fit in fin slots. It was a long time ago so 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

• Baller

You do realize that celebrating your birthday in December on a waterski site could effect the size of the party 🤷‍♂️ You could have easily told us this back in July , we wouldn’t have known the difference 🤣. Back when I was working , I occasionally got jealous of that guy next door that worked from the lake and skied his brains out. Now that you are in Hollister , it wouldn’t be as bad on me 🤣. Congratulations on your success with your site , and thanks for providing a place for a bunch of ski bums to hang out and share information. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

@Mose oh that's a long story. I put together ski reviews for Water Ski Magazine around the time the forum was founded and then I individually reviewed I think Connelly Prophecy first. That review is likely somewhere in the database, but I'm not at home to find it right now. It should be noted that I've learned a hell a lot over the years and absolutely do not endorse the methods used in the early days.

• Baller
On 12/25/2023 at 6:40 AM, LeonL said:

Congrats!  I've enjoyed BOS for many years.  Don't know exactly when I joined.  I tried to look it up on my profile and it says 1901.  Don't think that's correct, LOL!

Oldest baller award!

• Baller

First the nudists , now the NFL ? A defensive player for the Rams had his arm out to his side as he side steps in that direction to make the tackle. Announcer -   “ look at Houcht , he’s just putting his hand in , waterskiing down the line “.  And a few plays later Kupp is held pretty badly and is towing the Giant player who is “ waterskiing behind him “ . Whose next ? That’s one way to get waterskiing on tv. Horton may have to interview Mark Sanchez or whoever made those calls. 

• Haha 1

• Baller

I've done a lot of stupid things, and I've done a lot of barefooting.  No way I'm barefooting naked.  The risk/reward balance on that one just isn't there.

The nudist thing was pretty funny.  More weird than that goofball from Korea that got banned after numerous warnings---name escapes me.  

• Like 1