February roll call Who is still skiing?

Horton

• Baller

Skied yesterday. Big warmup, 6 passes, then stretched twice last night.  

I have lifted heavy weights and done a ton of conditioning and mobility work since I stopped skiing in October. 

I hurt so badly this morning I could barely stand up. This is a wild sport. 

• Like 7

• Baller

I have managed to get two Skis this year so far over here in the UK. need to un-winterise and re-winterise each time, so unless the conditions are great i haven't bothered. 

Not skiing well just trying to keep the muscle groups working. Haven't managed to run all 6 this year yet.......

I did however buy myself a full face Oniell Ninja mask. Wow what a difference! Well worth it for cold weather skiing.

It feels like it has been windy since December over here. Waiting on some of those cold but still mornings! Picture below of the new mask, Not my best look! Water 37 air 39Mask.jpg

• Like 4

• Baller

Skied all winter, water still has not got below 72F. Welcome to Miami. So far worn a camaro top on 5 sets, but I was sick for 2 of those so they should not count. Great time to change to a new boot set up.

• Baller

this is the first winter since moving from WI to AZ that I took an extended layoff.  Had the first ski rides this morning since October and it went about how I'd have expected.  Lots of unintentional tail turns by not bringing the hips through like I want to.

• Like 1

• Baller_

February has been kind to me this year. 91 at HT today (45A 46W); rain held off till we were wiping the boat down. Ski you all next weekend!  I have decided I tolerate cold water better than cold air.  I tried the Sharkskin socks this weekend - couldn't get them to slide into my Animals even with rear laces all the way loose.  My search for warmer feet continues.

• Like 2

• Baller
10 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

"My search for warmer feet continues."

My front in a Wileys is totally enclosed and fine. My rear open toe Wileys isn't. I bought latex socks way back when from Wileys, and I have been using one on my back foot ever since. Worn out several. Yes the foot has water around it in the sock, but no wind chill and my feet are fine.

That same dive site I've referenced before has those socks. They are thin enough for me to easily get in my boot (with soap of course).

Might give them a try! I will find the link and edit this post. Here it is:  https://drysuitspareparts.com/product/latex-2d-socks-pair/

• Baller

They make thinner neoprene dive socks that will definitely take the bite out of the air and water.  They slide on and off easily (like socks) and I can get my foot into an RTP.   I would think they would slide into boots easily with a little soap.  

• Like 1

• Baller_

@jjackkrashmy buddy's a diiver and he brought out a pair of thin lycra socks to try. Even with soap could not get my heel to slide down. I thought they would be the fix. It's llike the rough texture of the Animals grabs anything but soapy skin.  Maybe if the latex ones won't release from the binding once the soap is out, I could wear the lycras and they would release from the latex.

• Baller

@Rednucleus have you tried putting one of those thin plastic grocery bags down the heel side of your boot, sliding your foot in then pulling the bag out?  They work great for drysuits, wetsuits, cowboy boots… just about any kind of boot or tight opening where your foot (hand, head) needs to slip through a restricted opening with minimal resistance. 

• Baller

Yesterday on Lake Weir. Water 63, air 72. My buddy Steve, first day out in the boat driving, 2 months after open heart surgery. He loved every minute of just being out in the boat and enjoying the Lake.

• Like 3

Ernie Schlager

• Baller
25 minutes ago, VONMAN said:

Yesterday on Lake Weir. Water 63, air 72. My buddy Steve, first day out in the boat driving, 2 months after open heart surgery. He loved every minute of just being out in the boat and enjoying the Lake.

Give Steve a big hug from me, please!