Mid-Ride " Who likes it"

JAS

• Baller
Any paticular group of skiers (size, line length, style) that are liking the mid-ride better than the SL or Wide ride"  Haven't seen a recent ski report lately, and thinking about about giving either a MR or WR a try.

• Baller
Clemsondave is/was on it, he is the only one I know of that has tried one, other than Milford who went back to his WR. Look up some older posts to get Clemsondaves input. Name of the thread is "Goode which one?"

• Baller
Trying a 63.75" mid after trying several Elites, a 65" wide and a few older skis.  I have run 38 4 times on the mid in the two weeks I have been on it.  I normally run 38 once or twice a month.  35s are also easier.  I put it at the top of the list, followed by the wide.  The other skis were OK, but not close to the mid and wide.  Still wondering about the 65" mid.  I got to borrow one for a quick set and it felt amazing.  I weigh 165 so they recommend the 63.75 for me.  The first few sets on the 63.75 weren't impressive until I got the binder position right.  I moved them back 1/2 an inch from the original position and it made all the difference in the world.

• Baller
I have the fin pretty close to stock settings.  I don't have the measurements in front of me but they are very close to stock (depth 2.504 I think).  The same guy that told me Chet likes the binders back said he also has the depth at about 2.440.  He thinks I should try the shallow fin, but I am hesitant to mess with things since the binding movement made the ski feel so good.

• Baller
Todd is skiing well. He also won the SCR regionals M4. I've driven him a few times and he feels a lot smoother on the midride than he did on his 9900.  It felt to me when I drove for him at regionals in practice, that the ski drove off the buoy without any stall better than the 9900 did. 

mine broke ,ive heard the horror storys about braking goodes but ive never had a problem.been on 9800 4 yrs.got a wr and pow right under the frt boot.now im back on 9800 and lookin for a new ski. but have now lost all confidence in goode plus i cant afford to get a new 1,and i feel this ski had a defect from the get go.i like burned a 800 d bill with a match .ouch

i emailed them but they have not answered but after all ive heard i didnt really expect them to ,i dont think goode really gives a crap about follow up service i did buy it used so they have there ass covered but still if the ski is defected who cares whos riden it,so me and at least 5 of my ski buds will never do biz with goode  .we buy gloves and all every year but now i even need a new glove .i think will try those 41 tails

i hate it cause i used to stand up for them some but 800 bucks in 1 month is a hell of a lesson that i dont plan on repeating and hope none of you have to find out the hard way .

• Baller
I ski on a 5 year old 9500, my ski partner hammers his 9400. Another guy I know skis a WR, skis 5 days a week, runs a consistent 38 and occasional 39, every year he breaks handles, destroys gloves but I dont think you could tear that ski out of his hands. There are Goodes all around this area (Dallas) and I am the only person I know that has broken a Goode. I read these post all the time about Goodes breaking but I dont see it in my local area. Not saying it doesn't happen but You sure see a lot of Goodes on top of the podium.

i hear ya we do the same .been on them all, we ski hard on them and never had 1 break  must of been 5 of us .

and thats my point if 1 does break (and 1 should'nt break sking on it ... )it had to be a defect in the ski from the start .and it should'nt matter who owns it the ski was the problem .if u have been hammern a 9800 for 4 yrs then get on a wr 75 passes later its cracked  then u get back on ur old 1 its hard to swallow someone telling you ,u broke it.

and they do ski good theres no disputing it i like  my googe 9800 im still on it  but ill have a hard time buying another

scotchipman 

i do plan on calling ,i have to try but being the second owner im probaly screwed