New boats, who's getting them and lets see some pics.

Nick Sullivan

Some photos of the new 2011 Carbon Pro

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/2/622.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/3/623.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/4/624.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/5/625.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/626.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/7/627.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/8/628.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/9/629.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/10/630.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/12/632.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/13/633.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/13/633.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/14/634.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/15/635.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/17/637.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/18/638.jpg

• Baller

Best looking one by far...thanks for all the pics! No speckled floor, dash looks better than last one posted some time ago...it's the same layout etc but the background color does a lot to make it look higher end. I like the back seat w/step over in the middle like the old SVfara/infinity. Carbon panels on the front deck also blend in better on this color and look less like a plastic, add-on afterthought.

The ski platform seems really high on the transom. If this is water height...wouldn't it almost have to take water over the stern after drop in the hole and the stern roller comes up? The Gekko GTR's sure did and this looks like an even shallower set-up.

I'm a closet Centurion fan who can't part w/his '91, so hope it pans out for them.

I really like how this boat looks, does anyone know why there is a gap between the side of the boat and the passenger seat. I really like how they designed the back of the boat, the step in between the rear bench seat and the low step down to the swim platform seem really thought out.

• Baller
refreshing to see that Centurion reacted to the initial feedback. I love the step-over incorporated w/ that backseat...reminiscent of the late 90's TSC1 Nautiques. Agree... kind of an ominous buzz kill to have to look at that backboard as you are stepping off the platform.

• Baller_
My 97 196 has that same gap. Not quite as big but you can put your hand/arm through to the bow. That's where my smart timer sits. You could put a ski tip through it up to the boots if it's on it's side. I've seen heater tubes come out of there as well on boats. Does the seat swing up base and all like a 196??

I just saw one at the Los Angeles boat show. It was white and carbon with the hard top bimini.

The seat back swings up. The seat bottom lifts off. Looked to me as though the gap allows ventilation under the seat is all. The heater vent is right next to it if you look closer at the pictures above.

• Baller
This weekend I talked to one of the SR Drivers who skied and drove in the towboat evaluations. He says the Centurion skied and drove fabulously. He did say that it was different to drive, as the nose drops below the dash. So that when you get into it and drive it for the first time that you have to use the gunsight until you get a feel for it.

I picked up my 2011 MC WTT from the factory Friday morning. I have not even taken the cover off yet. It was 27 on Saturday when I wanted to look it over. I do have the new strut design, but got the Indmar 5.7 MCX motor. I went with red for color. I will hopefully post pics in the next few days. Weather looks to be a little better today. Hope to ski this weekend with it! Will report back soon!

• Baller
Centurion might want to rethink the single axle option for there boats. Outside California tamdum trailers are not very popular. Have not seen a tandum trailer in Florida unless necessary on a ski boat even the 200. This would also keep the price down to get the boats out there.

• Baller

Agree on the trailer. Can't understand why if trying to penetrate the market and price will be important...that all promos are tandem axle. Last thing I want to do is pay extra only to have to wrestle a tandem by hand in my garage.

I have to think a step over open bow similar to Response LX will follow in an attempt to increase sales/market as well.

• Baller_
Mastercraft has done an excellent job producing this season's Promo. Mine arrived today, did a quick lap around Lake Sammamish for the dealer's check ride, and is now in the garage getting prepped for this weekend. Here's a couple of quick pics, more to follow in a Picasa Album once we get it to the Lake and get some better photos. I haven't even heard it run yet, but my dealer tells me how amazingly quiet the engine is.

Nice looking boat Richard!! Is that the 6.0 or 5.7? This reminds me I never posted any pictures of my boat. Here are a couple from last week. I have skied a total of two sets behind it, and pulled a collegiate tournament in WI last weekend bringing total hours to 6.5. Sweet driving and running boat though!!

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/746.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/7/747.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/8/748.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/9/749.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/10/750.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/11/751.jpg

@MCskiFreak, I haven't skied very much yet, as the weather has been complete crap in Iowa. Once I ski a few more times, and ski behind something else I will comment more. I have a 2008 MC TT to compare to, but I doubt I will see or feel a difference.

@JWR, I like shiney and red!!! Thanks for the compliment!!

• Baller

Klinger, where are you in Iowa? Grew up in Dyersville skiing Lake Delhi. Skied the Coralville Rez during college and med school in Iowa City, and Eagle Lake in Waterloo during residency.

Woke up to snow in MN today...grr.

@6balls, I grew up about 20 miles east of Okoboji in NW Iowa. I went to school at the other, better university Iowa State! Lol, so I skied at Dream Lakes throughout college. I know reside in the Des Moines Area and ski at Clearwater in Des Moines, and still do quite a bit at Dream Lakes as well. At least one day a week up there. Where are you at in MN? I know a lot of the college aged kids from up there.

• Baller

Lots of Hawkeye skiers up here, too. I'm 60 mi west of the west suburbs of Minneapolis. I didn't ski buoys in earnest until 18 y.o., and took a lesson w/Scott Thompson at Pickle Farm...he had just won midwest regionals at the time. We then started skiing tourneys 3 rds Sat at Pickle, and 3rds Sunday at Clearwater. Do you still see Barry Madden down there? Is he still doing MC promo's? A pile of my best scores are behind Barry.

Once Scott and Steve built Dream Lakes we skied a number of tourneys there, before ISU started skiing there.

I'd like to come to Dream Lake for 6 rds of slalom. If it happens, maybe we run into each other.

• Baller
I've got to comment on those chrome dash plates, thats annoying when the tail sun reflection off that dash is just as bad as the head sun glare. We have MC TT and it is bad on that as well, I'd be a big fan of flat black dash instrument panel surrounding (probably not a problem with a Bimini top, we just don't have one yet)

• Baller

Got mine earlier this year, but it should qualify as well as it is a 2011. Best boat ever for slalom and driving. Period. And lucky me, that is what I do with it. And, by the bay, best looking boat ever. Period again.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/0/760.jpg

I have been very happy with its cleanability so far. I did put a somewhat dirty cover on it the other day, and when I got to WI to a collegiate tournament, the interior was pretty dirty from the cover. Wiped off like nothing with a damp towel. Hopefully doesn't stain either! Time will tell.