Post your age...

Skiag

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
When I was competing "approved speed control" meant you had a rated driver; the jumpers always checked to make sure all the barrels of the carb. were hooked up; you needed a guy with a stop watch to make sure your speed was in tolerance; "adjusting the fin" meant drilling holes in it and filing it; and if you ran 38 that usually meant you had finished the game because unless someone had specially ordered the rope, there was no 39 and a 1/2 loop.

I laughed when I saw the call out of the old people. Common man.. 35 isn't old, I have a handful of friends around that age and the guys still know how to have a good time. Although the married ones are a little more low key.

I'm 24.

• Baller
I skied in a tournament behind an outboard Hydrodyne. My first tournament trick, slalom, and jump skis were all wooden. The jump binders were so big I had to wear several pairs of socks to make them fit. so water logged they wouldn't float in the water. I remember when your buddy had to sit under the ramp and splash it with water between passes, and he would always throw some water up infront of you as you came off the ramp. I've seen Camille Duvall topless. I remember when wings first came out. Not the band. I remember when tournaments were so packed with skiers, that if you were not in the water with your ski on ready to go, they would ski you. I remember when your only handle choice was supplied by the tournament. I've skied with a double handle and a ski belt, and I'm only 42

• Baller

55 now, 56 early August. After a long tough winter in the gym I'm in probably my best physical condition in 20+ years, 7 - 8 lbs lighter than last year, I feel and look (according to my lovely wife anyway...) way younger than my rapidly advancing age would suggest. I'm also an egotistical blowhard...

Ed

• Baller

MS, that was a good ski

Skibrain, I was only 11 but I had that same ski, jacket, and haircut. But where are you Casad gloves? I know you had to have the orange and yellow, or did you go green and blue?

• Baller
57 but still hanging in there! after numerous injuries, people tell me to give it up ! I tell the overweighters, its never going to happen, if you dont use it your gonna lose it. Just have to keep walking around with various bits of my body pointing in various different directions. LOL!