Bowflex commercial

ForrestGump

• Baller
That is Sully out in either Oregon or WA....great success story about dropping 100 lbs, and getting back on the water. I believe he is a member on this site and recently took delivery of a MC promo. Here is the bowflex cllip from youtube (hope you don't mind me posting, Nick). Maybe someone w/ more computer skills then me can set up a link to this---> www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu44F8lqdm8

Honestly, I stopped eating at the burger joints for lunch but other than getting on the Bowflex and Treadclimber I had sitting in the basement thats it. That Treadclimber is a great machine. In about 50 minutes I was able to burn 900 calories. Then I would work out on the bowflex. Love both these machines.

Yes Richard I'll have it at Warmans.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Thanks Guys, Just finished stuffing myself with Thanksgiving dinner. Feeling a little sleepy now but I am feeling the need to go work out. I don't ever want to be back in that kind of shape again. Water Sking has been a huge part of my life and health these last two years. It keeps me motivated to stay in shape. So much has changed in these last two years, all for the good.

Klondike sent me a PM and I really thought I should post it here because its another great story.Hope you don't mind me sharring Brandon but anytime I hear about someone doing this on their own I get pretty excited. Its tough sh** getting back into shape after you've let yourself go so far. Now your back on the water and running 32 off, that rocks.

Klondike sent you a message.

Congrats on the success! I did a similar thing, November 1, 2010 I was 270lbs and the summer of 2010 I was barely able to get out of the water. Could barely run 30mph and when I did it was like 2-3 passes max cause I was spent! I did a little treadmill Nov and December along with eat clean and stay out of Burger joints. January 1 I did a 90 day round of P90X and total loss was 55lbs and my stamina and strength were through the roof! This summer I was able to get back to runnning 34mph and even ran 32' off twice... Feels great right! Keep it up!

Brandon

When I am able to be on the water and get 2 or 3 sets in a day I don't usually workout on my bowflex but I always try to balance the rigors of skiing out by doing 3 sets of 50 or 60 pushups and situps that day. When I can't ski I'll do 50 minutes on my TeadClimber and burn 900+ calories, then I will spend 1/2 hour to 45 minutes on my Bowflex. I recently got a set of the Bowflex dumb bells and I have started using those in between cooking dinner or giving my boys their bath on days when I can't seem to find the time to do a full workout.

Went to a chiropractor recently because my lower back has been bugging me. He took some x-rays and told me I have #2&3 vertibray sitting on my disc and that is probably why I am having the pain. He actually told me to stop doing the situps where I stick my feet under the couch. He gave me an excercise called Heals to Heaven. I'm trying this but I don't seem to get the same kind of burn in my gut I was able to get before.

• Baller
I used to do the incline bent knee sit ups. I used to be able to do 100 of those. My back started to bother me, so I quit doing those. My gym has one of those ab rollers which I use to do the obliques. I did see the bowflex commercial where they set it up to do crunches while you are in a seated position. I do something similar on the Nautilus, and have had no problems Light to medium weight, and lots of reps and lots of sets has worked for me. My gym also has a hyperextension rack which helps me keep my back strong. Swimming is also a great way to supplement your workout. Swim a mile 1 or 2 times a week, you will notice a big difference. I only go to the gym and the pool during the offseason. During the season I bike and rollerblade if I can't get out on the water. I concentrate more on endurance and fat burning. I am built more like a wrestler than a water skier. On the days where I do cardio I use the Precor elliptical machine for 60-90 minutes. I try to burn 1000 calories on those days. During the week, my dinner is a big garden salad, or a plate of raw veggies. I eat my carbs and proteins for breakfast and lunch. I always have an apple and orange with lunch. I never touch alcohol, or soda. I tend to gain weight pretty easy so I am very careful. Alcohol slows down your metabolism, and soda has high-fructose corn syrup which is like sugar on steriods which send the pancreas into overdrive. If you have diabetes in your family like I do, definitely stay away from it. I have been lucky I am not diabetic. It takes longer for your body to process it. Regular butter is better for you than margarine. Margarine has hydrogenated fats which also take longer for your body break down.