Wakeboard in the Olympics

disland

• Baller
Ok, Can someone explain how wakeboard is on the Olympics shortlist, but there is no mention of waterskiing? I guess if wakeboard got in eventually waterskiing could leverage that to get in. I personally would rather see water ski jumping in the X games, than waterskiing in the Olympics.

• Baller
you/we are also very involved in waterskiing, thus we're on this site. It is going to be cable wakeboarding, and Asia is becoming a hotspot for it, Camsur in the Philippines is THE place to go for cable, in the world. Cable opens up the sport to a larger mass of participants, and gets rid of the variance that always "held" skiing back. I wouldn't say the push set waterskiing back totally, speed control was pushed very hard to rid the variance, and thus has innovated the skiing experience. I will agree it set the Federations back and they still are. Cable wakeboarding will be larger than boat within 2 years, you can already see the top boat pros honing their cable skills, because that's where the money will be turning too. You can disagree, but if you can be open about it, you can see this is the best event of watersports to be chosen, and economically and demographically, the one that has the best shot moving forward. Also keep in mind, the Winter Olympics have more or less been saved in regards to the younger generations attention because of snowboarding. So much so, they are looking at fast tracking Slopestyle as a new event to further the snowboard events. I'd say there is hope for something similar with wakeboarding, and cable wakeboarding is the most universal, accessible watersport there is to choose.

• Administrators

instead of getting discouraged, we should look at what other groups are doing and learn.

For once I agree with MS. I would push for tons of bikinis on BOS but seems like that could backfire