perfect pass disengage at turn around

Oldutskier

I have the factory installed PP on at 2004 mastercraft. How do you disengage the speed control when you are turning the boat around to head back through the course? How do you re-engage the speed control while at speed? The unit keeps asking me if the boat is in neutral.

• Baller
are you pressing the on/off button? generally if its asking you to put to neutral, the system was off and you pressed ON. turn the system on when the boat is in neutral, and simply back the throttle off in the turn, and re engage at the finish of the turn.

Down the street from you. ;) I will stop by for a tutorial one day.

Yesterday it felt like it was rengaging immediately after I backed off the throttle for the turn. On previous days, it would disengage after I reduced the throttle for a turn. It was acting different yesterday. It was probably user error.

If you back off before the turn it will disengage. If you accelerate a little or get close to your set speed it will try to re-engage. Just keep the speed a bit lower as you round the turn. Keep it 5 to 7 mph lower. If you get within 2 to 3 mph it will try to re-engage. Turn it off only when docking or trailering the boat.