Your Favorite Lake

jipster43

• Supporting Member

John's Pond in New Jersey. Insane layout with two complete over-lapping courses, and 90 degree turn-ins at both ends. You look at this place from the shore you'd think this is the toughest site on earth.

And yet somehow the easiest water I've ever skied -- by a decent margin.

• Baller
I love being on my public lake at 6:15 AM on glass. Not a perfect course (portable), not a perfect site (big, deep water), but gorgeous when it's flat and nobody else is out there with the sun coming up. During regular daylight hours, any lake where I don't have boat traffic! I'm easy.

• Baller
Isles of lake Hancock, lake 1 and 2, big turn island on lake 1 through the trees is sweet, for scenic, top of the hill dropping down to the lakes @ Predator Bay in Calgary is incredible and our little lake @ home, fisherman, tubers and all...

• Administrators

Lake Hancock in Orlando

Drew's lake in Orlando

QuickSet in Mississippi

CottonWood in Louisiana

The Bayou in Monroe

BedRock (1998) South Australia

Sundown Lake 2 in Newberry

Imperial "Almost Mexico"

Silver Dune in Newberry

Great Lakes in Newberry

Adobe in Arvin

Ski West Lake 3 in Arvin

Banana Lake (west) in Arvin

This is stupid.... Like asking me about my favorite ski. I love them all. I tried to keep it to fav 10 and could not do it.

Can I go Fav 25? I have skied at or near a PB on all the above lakes.

Crap I forgot Ski Ranch.... I could do this all day

• Administrators
@jdarwin Is Olde Wards Pond really a ski site or a drinking site. I guess it was an ok ski lake at one time but now that there is a Canadian there I am not so sure.

• Baller

I guess my biggest question is what is it that you like about your favorite lake? Or what is it about your favorite lake that makes it ski so nice? When I look at all the Bako ski lakes, I would have assumed they all ski relatively similar, but Horton definitely has his favorites. I'd like to know what makes one lake ski different than the lake that sits 100 feet to the east of it. Is it the depth of the water? Is it the dye they're using? The shape of the lake? The width of the lake? Is narrower better than wider? Shorter better than longer? Islands/no islands? If you were building your dream lake, what are the features you would want it to have?

I've had a lot of caffeine today.

• Baller
If I were to build a lake, I would have islands on both ends. On one island I would build a bridge to it . The island would have a Tiki Bar with a nice deck, tables, chairs , kegerator and some flat screens! Maybe even have a bikini girl waitress there all the time to serve drinks.The other island I would put a bunch of fake animals like elephants , monkeys , lions etc..

• Baller

I'm partial to my lake because:

1- Me and a few friends built it by ourselves

2- Its in my backyard

3- My beer fridge is mere steps from the 5 ball shoreline, which is really convenient because I find myself swimming home from 5 ball a lot

4- After 9 years, the lake, and my lake house, is finally complete, and now its just maintenance, no more big projects.

• Baller

Thanks @Matt. The views are pretty awesome, and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is only a few miles away past the adobe hills.

Funny thing is, the land we built the lake on was so ugly (weeds, trash salinium deposits) before we built, we didn't realize how nice the views were until after the lake was completed.

• Baller
This was one of my favorite lakes. The north lake at Stillwater is soon to be a cable park. There are so many awesome lakes I would have to make a list: Cottonwood, Liquid Zone, Shortline, Ski Ranch, Great Lakes, Cheyenne, Divorce Lake, Dream Lake, Levee's Edge, Olde Oaks, Lonnie Harris' Lake (so much fun), Stillwater, Chets, Corys, Okee...too many to list.