What are you doing to prepare for a new PB this year?

mrpreuss

• Baller
Working core, trying not to go much over 190 lbs even though it's lifting season so can cut to 185 for ski season. Going to shoot for some 3 day weekends in the spring to get after it early and have more time to fine tune in the summer. I'm not so much shooting for PB but rather more consistently thru 38.

• Baller
Pretty much the same a 6balls except trying to get real conistant with 32 and finally knock out some 35's (can only dream of 38 at this point). Busting ass in the gym 4 days/week with my regular trainer once a week and my son Junior (also a certified personal trainer) once a week. Seriously improved my diet to cut body fat and build more muscle. I'm pumped, I'm fit, I'm ready (I'm full of it...)! Spring can't get here soon enough!

portion control, TRX, playing lots of tennis with wife (this buys me extra ski time for the summer), swimming laps, working extra hours to help pay for a ski boat, watching videos on BOS, watching West Coast Slalom DVD... looking at the new Radar Vice I won in the BOS drawing keeps me motivated.

• Baller

since november 1

3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. At the end of this month I will be changing to to 2 days of weight training, and 5 days of cardio.

Sunday workout, Incline leg press, lat pull downs, shoulder press, incline bench press, tricep extensions, calf raises, flat bench press, preacher curls narrow and wide grip, nautilus ab machine, crunches left and right, and hyperextension

Monday Tuesday 1 hour on EFX elliptical machine

Wednesday calf raises, oblique ab crunches, tricep extensions, shoulder press, incline bench press, flat bench press,leg curls, leg extensions, pull ups, chin ups, nautilus ab machine,hyperextension

Thursday 1 hour on EFX elliptical machine

Friday calf raises, oblique ab crunches, nautilus ab machine,hyperextension, tricep extension, pulldowns, shoulder press, leg curls, leg extensions, dumbell curls, flat bench press with dumbells.

Saturday 1 hour on EFX elliptical machine

I also rollerblade 8-12 miles when weather permits, stretching before and after each workout. I am adding abdominal and back exercises to my cardio days. Now that football season is over(Steelers lost) I will start watching video footage again. Before I changed gyms I used to swim for an hour on weekends after doing weight training or cardio.

• Baller
Eating very clean, cardio/bodyweight circuits at least 5 mornings a week, 5 days a week of weights, 2 days of yoga, once a month to Florida to keep the flow, downhill skiing when possible to focus on open, patient flowing turns, mental focus (imagery) every night, positive ability focus and a sprinkle of other physical activities here and there...

• Baller
Having the old roto-rooter job done on the right side at c5-6 and the left side at c6-7 on January 20th. They go in from the back and basically take out enough bone from the joint space so the nerve can exit the spine wihtout being pinched. Surgeon says I won't like him much for about 3 weeks, but then should feel lots better. Just saw my regular doc today for the pre-op physical. He asks "so did you ask him about restrictions on things like skiing?". My reply, "hell no!" It isn't like I'd be smart enough to listen anyway!

• Baller
I will, of course, have to give up workouts for a few weeks. Probably a good thing. I ended the ski season at 183 lbs (6ft tall) and after being in the gym since early November, I am now 198 lbs. While I am a lot stronger, I don't like starting the season weighing 200 lbs -- too much weight to drag around behind an inboard.

• Baller
Than, I can get you to 198 lbs of freakish muscle...but you're not going to enjoy it! Furthermore...it prob does nothing for better skiing so my advice is don't bother. The last few years I have begun to understand that lighter and pretty strong is better than heavier and really strong.