The new poll this week is “What skier would you like to ski more like?”

Horton

• Administrators

I grabbed the top six men and five women off of the IWSF standings list. (Not the elite list)

Some of these skiers have very distinct styles that I believe I could identify without being able to see their faces. Others in the group, I could not identify or describe.

• Administrators

I always talk up CP but I might lean toward April. Her handle control is mind boggling.

I need to watch more tape of Rossi and Whit. I have watched enough KR and Asher to say I know what it looks like but do not understand any of it.

• Baller_

I pick Parish. He is the most duplicatable skier out there, and his style stands the test of time, both in terms of how long it has been around and how long the skiers that ski that style are able to last in the sport without back problems. Every turn is the same, whether it is 35 or 41, 1,3,5, or 2,4. CP's results speak for themselves. I think April's style is similar, and Regina's, too. Regina just has to make for height (compared to, say, Jennifer Leachman LaP) by being scrappy as hell. But I don't think she could scrap like she does without a Parish-like "traditional" style (shoulders back, hips forward, ski in front) to build from.

Lpskier

• Baller

who can honestly say they ski like jamie B?

from the options given, i picked Rossi. I have always loved his style. First time I had seen him ski was at Moomba in 2003? maybe 04. The way he pulled out and let go with one hand and then turned in for the gates with perfect control and line was amazing to watch... At this time there were only a few of the early 'west coasters' such as himself, marcus, JB and whisper who were doing it.

• Baller_
Being that Regina is the shortest on the list I would have to go with Her as someone to try and ski like. Brute force along with precision edge control and turning ability. Skier's that are not on the list that I would like to take few play's out of their play book are Andy and Mike Morgan.

• Baller
I would say from a technical perspective, Terry Winter for sure. Can't deny Nate Smith. Parrish makes it looks pretty easy, but how about the way Andy just gets it done...especially at the peak of his career...and by the way, you guys don't need to use Andy's last name...he is Andy.

• Administrators

Yea I know the list was too short and I had to include some ladies.

A lot of people have speculated that TW may be the the best skier in earth today. The list goes on...

@Sethski

Do you want to ski like Andy or just have his ball count?

• Baller
I am incapable of skiing like Andy at this point. I also believe learning to ski exactly like he skis would be difficult for most mortals. I like the idea of techniques that require less body movement so as to keep us normal folks from screwing something up. I appreciate great technique, but I also like the idea of guys who just "Get it done". I saw a lot of guys who I actually had never met during my first season skiing the Big Dawg, who are now skiers I love to watch because they know how to run buoys...no matter what it takes. Pretty cool aspect of slalom skiing or any sport for that matter!

• Baller
@jimbrake I totally agree with those 5 skiers..MB & TW because I'm slightly biased, but the unbiased fact is that no one performes like they do at 5'10 and 5'9.......Jamie with the unmatched athleticism....Willie with the unmatched power, determination and athleticism and finally Nate who just does it all better and easier then everyone else.