Ice out

The_MS

• Baller
Gonna be low/mid 70's all next week here in the Great Plains. I'm leaving voice mails with my community lake buddies who didn't pull their courses over the winter to see who's starting skiing. Hoping to get an earlier start here this season as well Mark. I'm ready!

• Baller_

I was thinking it would be tuesday after looking at it yesterday morning. By 4pm, not much left. The wind is blowing at 20 but with temps in the 60s, we will put the balls on the missing subs today. @ED, how much ice do you get down there?

@6balls did you get some sets out in SAN?

• Baller
@MS I don't think it ever more than just crusted over a bit for a few days, otherwise not much at all. This has been the warmest winter I can recall here in east Kansas, we've only had snow cover the ground briefly maybe twice? I fear we'll pay for it later in severe thunder storms and wind but we'll see. March definitely coming in like a lion here so maybe later part of the month the wind will die off. Hopefully.

• Baller
Hate to say it, but I'm not ready. Haven't ordered my permit yet, haven't done an equipment inventory, boat still in storage, and I'm still in rehab from neck surgery. Of all the years to have early ice out, this wasn't the one where I could take advantage of it.

• Baller
My ice is still a few days out. Off this week, painting the dock and converting my lift to electric power. After 14 years of telling myself I would never buy a canopy I broke down and bought one. MS, did you ski yet??

• Baller_
@scotchipmanscotchipman I am not sure which lake. I believe it is the same lake that Parsons and Rossi ski on, but I could be wrong about that. Jeff is a big guy with a bald head, big smile and easy laugh. You can't miss him. He has just found his way back to the sport after a few decade layoff.

Lpskier

• Baller

Crashman, if the ice just thawed, I'd still be in Hawaii mode! It was 85f at my lake last weekend - still way too cold! Only 85f, that puts me in snow ski mode. When is the water going to hit 85f? Then I'll waterski!

I'm a sissy!

Eric

• Baller

@MS I may hate you right now. Was up north first part of this week for sap collecting and ice was still solid and not really even thinking of looking rotten yet, though it will be an early out.

I am currently avoiding the laundry room as my ski is taunting me from the wall.

• Baller
If it makes you feel any better the ice has been out here in south MN a few days. I have been on vacation all week cutting trees, piling wood,installing the dock and lift, cleaning up the boat etc. Lake has been glass but I may have tweaked something. Problem is I am too sore to be sure ! Hope to ski tomorrow! Sorry MS.

• Baller
@ MS My earliest MN Ski was March 15th 1972. Dock start and no wetsuit. Feeling pretty cocky until the boat ran out of gas about 200 yards down the north shore of Lake Crystal. Dad forgot to hook up the new tank in our old Larson Thunderhawk with the 65 H.P. Mercury. Damn near drowned from hypothermia! I had dropped the handle during the slow sink into the cold water and the boat was blowing away faster than I could swim. At least I thought I was swimming. Dad lassoed me just in the nick of time. Never been so cold in my life!!