How do you guys get a good sleep?

Taelan28

Its ski related!

If I sleep poorly I feel quite fine but...

my body doesnt generate much heat, which can be discomforting in water.

My muscles fatigue faster and dont recover as fast

My coordination and balance is off.

Lately I've been sleeping poorly. Ive left a big gap of time between dinner and sleeping so I go to bed on an empty stomach. I've stopped drinking coffee which has helped. Having the girlfriend over helps to ; ) I've noticed my spring mattress is quite uneven and stabbing my back. Maybe I just need a little exercise in the day.

so what do you guys do to get a good sleep?

Any mattress suggestions, or comments on the tempur pedic?

• Baller
Welcome to growing up! Before you know it you'll be hitting the bathroom twice a night, listening to the music your knees make all the way there, and watching the first run of the news at 4:30am. Good times! Just roll with it!

• Baller_

Try my recreational drug of choice: Tylenol PM. Man, you will sleep like a rock (except for the above mentioned twice nightlies) and have some bizarre dreams!

@Texas6 When I hit 50, one of my best friends, who was 60 at the time, said: "John, let me tell you something, when you hit 50, your body goes through a lot of changes. None of them are good." Unfortunately , I have discovered that he was right.

Who knows the three rules of aging?

Lpskier

• Baller
tempur pedic is nice. So different than all others though s'times difficult to sleep away from home. Can try tylenol p.m., or just diphenhydramine which is generic benadryl, the active ingredient for sleep in tylenol p.m. Horton's stiff drink idea works for me.

Booze will knock me out but i dont get a quality sleep. Ill remember the tylenol PM idea for when i need it. Drugs are ok whe drugs are needed otherwise i get functionally dependent on them. The tempur pedic seems great after finally laying on one in a store after a decade of seeing ads i realized how bad my mattress was.

im out of debt and have a sizable stack of cash to buy whatever i want but not everything i want. Between a new motorcycle some nice clothing including a couple suits leather sofa camera waterski boat and truck to pull the boat i cant decide what will conveniently fit mylifestyle in the mid term. 20K in the bank is a great thing but nowhere close to getting a house especially with my income so i consider these things.

i figure investing in a mattress is a good idea. Drugs are a temporary thing. I just wonder if its worth it to part with the money.

Thanks for your input guys.

• Baller

Melatonin also worth a try, no dependence potential and really none on tylenol p.m. either. We got used to our tempur pedic very quickly. I'm a side sleeper and I really noticed the benefit to my shoulders over std mattress.

Prior we bought very expensive std mattresses but they never lasted. Have had tempur pedic 5 yrs and sleeps like new, my brother has had one over 10 yrs and says the same. They have multiple versions now from softer to more firm...pays to lay on them and decide what is best for you.

Dude, sweet, thanks.

Who the heck is going around disliking all my posts? Does the person have a kid with down syndrome who was hit by a ghost ridden boat where the driver fell down? Is this person a Rick Santorum supporter who hates Ron Paul? Is it Marcus Brown's girlfriend? because if it is I'm sure you're pretty hot as Marcus is such a handsome man. Does this person pour Hater-ade on their Wheaties in the morning instead of milk? Maybe its a combination of all?

Meh it doesnt bother me anymore, and the person can continue to do it so long as I don't get banned.

• Baller
If you take Horton's suggestion of scotch don't use Tylenol PM. If you use enough of both of them, booze and Tylenol can cause issues with your internal organs . So I use Advil PM, same knockout power without the potential side-effects.

• Baller
Who the heck is going around disliking all my posts? Does the person have a kid with down syndrome who was hit by a ghost ridden boat where the driver fell down? Is this person a Rick Santorum supporter who hates Ron Paul? Is it Marcus Brown's girlfriend? ...

This is completely off subject but as the opportunity presents itself... First off, it's not me doing that. Having said that, I do notice that the vast majority of your posts take a rather confrontational tone (see quote above i.e.) and I do consider some of them to be down right unnecessarily negative. I hadn't commented until now (I've come to mostly avoiding reading your posts for those reasons) but if someone here is disliking your posts actively IMO that would likely be the reason. My opinion FWIW, you asked. You might want to rethink your future approach to some of these discussions given both your stated and apparent knowledge level of some of the subject matter.

Ed

• Baller
Plus 2 on the Tempur-Pedic. My wife and I. 9 years on one and it's still a great nights sleep. Completely isolates the movement of each person. Use a light down duvet and you will sleep like a rock and feel great in the morning.

• Baller
@PBD, correct on tylenol and alcohol. You can dodge both the tylenol and the advil as neither of those are helping you sleep...it's the diphenhydramine aka benadryl they add to it and market it to you under their name (tylenol pm, advil pm) as a sleeping medication. Kinda sneaky but it sells. If aches/pains are involved as well, you may get some benefit from the pain killer in tylenol or the pain killing and anti-inflammatory of the advil...otherwise no benefit to those ingredients for sleep.

• Baller_
Since no one has taken me up on the three rules of aging, I won't tell you. But I will give you a teaser. The first is: "Never pass a restroom without using it." The second is: "Never waste an erection." Any guesses on the third?

Lpskier

• Baller

I am more of a lurker than a poster. I try to read every thread and each post within. I also try and comment only when I have something positive or helpful to contribute.

This is one of those times.

Get a Tempur Pedic!!

We have the Grand model and it is worth every over priced penny. My wife calls it the "Big Marshmellow" It's so good you wont believe it till you have one yourself.

• Baller_
Sleep number bed set at 80. But we placed a 6" memory foam topper (temperpedic style) on top. "Marshmallow bed" set to your liking. Works wonders. Almost hate staying in hotels or with relatives.

• Baller
Tempur-pedic but get it on Ebay....way cheaper, same construction. You just have to look in the details to see what type and amount of the high desity memory foam is being used. As stated, the downside is if you travel it will be tough to sleep on a regular mattress again.