You cant fix stupid!

Jody_Seal

• Baller_
Customer comes in with boat for repair. Complaint is that the boat is taking on water and the bilge pump has quit. Ok I says how long has the boat been taking on water? About 8 months the customers say's, and how long has the bilge pump not worked? a week! ok, I look under the boat--------- front fin is missing!!! Hmmm!!!!

• Baller_

Actually for the very most part of it the customers are pretty savvy about their boats. It usually is the customer with the poorly maintained boat that is dogged every weekend and left out in the weather that give me the biggest grief about their repairs and the cost their in!

• Baller

I know a guy who had a MC 205, early 90's, and a few years ago started putting his boat up on his boat lift. Turns out the front fin was on top of the cradle so the boat went up mostly supported on the front tracking fin rather than the bunks...it pushed right through the hull!

In other news, guy who runs a marina in IA would have people tell him their boat needed tune up (slip customers). He would clean off the bottom of the boat and the drive unit and stick it back in the water...much better acceleration and top end with no "tune up"

• Baller_

You cant fix Stupid Part Two.

I dont know how many Times I have come to ski schools, pro skiers sites or even the average Joe water skier and have found or seen the Fuel can on the dock with a rag or paper towel stuffed into the dispensing throat because the owner of the can was lazy and lost the cap.

MasterCraft owner calls me and say's Jody boat is not running up to speed. hook up fuel pressure gauge sure enough fuel pressure well below spec. pull the canister out of the tank and looky! looky! at what I found in the canister and plugging up the fuel pump.

08f99a325a42dacbd81f0c129e5b26.jpg41d65260198b0f21ad4dd3df2c7536.jpg

Thats right A paper towel like what comes from the gas station islands. I guess it makes no difference to me! Job security!

• Baller

When I was a Marina Guard for my summer job in High School, a drunk guy with a 21' Thompson inboard outboard was showing his drunk friends how good of a driver he was by backing his boat up on his trailer.

They were actually mad at me for stopping him.

• Baller_

All right! Keep in mind this is all in fun however lets make this a learning experience.

We are currently rebuilding a boat affectionately named Betty lou! She has been a true work horse from day one with over 3000 hours (est) and on the second engine and a second transmission this 98 has been run hard and put up wet and generally......well abused! yet she was or should I say a true campaigner and warrior! Attached are a couple of photos of Betty Lou's heart, that being her GT-40 Ford Motor as we tear her down and go thru the re-build.749115b36581f5c94beea925d64f31.jpg

nothing like sticking a bolt in where a leaking oil pressure switch goes. at least a 1/8" npt plug would have saved the fitting.

92c7e230199807522763bce9a12724.jpg

That's right she ran real hot a time or six!