S2 substantially better than the S1???

BlueSki

• Baller
It appears that the S2 has become highly regarded. Has anyone that has skied both the S1 and S2 found the S2 to be a dramatic improvement over the S1? I have been on an S1 for the past couple of years and love it, but can always justify an upgrade if there is a payoff in results.

• Baller
I tried a S2 in Acapulco at Gordon's place in February, I liked it but by the end of the week I went back on my S1 because I am not ready to buy one. It skied nice, maybe a little easier to get width, but I love skiing on my S1. Ohio just had our first Buckeye Buoy Stop and I ran a 38 for only the second time in a touney on my S1!

• Baller
It took some adjustment for me to like the S1. I could not ski on it the first time out. After a trip with some open water skiing I tweaked the fin and it helped considerably. I recently moved the bindings forward slightly and now it is skiing even better. In the spirit of full disclosure, I was previously riding a 9100 I could not bear to part with.

• Baller

Don't get me wrong, I love my S1, I am skiing very well on it, and I have no intentions of getting rid of it. My thought is that LaPoint and the rest of the team knew they could do better, but that is a universal truth for everything, and must have concluded that the S1 was not the best foundation on which to build.

BTW, great site.

• Supporting Member

@Horton If not before. By the time my customers actually use the software I've developed, I usually consider it to be obsolete!

Development is never done. I just wrapped up some major optimization of our latest/greatest OCR software. This company was founded on OCR some 30 years ago, and we're still making major improvements in that area today.

• Baller
I am an S1 skier that loves the ski. Came off a blue/red SixAM and my feeling was how much more angle is achieved and how matched the turning (onside/offside) was on the S1. Only thing I think about the S1 is you can not force the ski around in late conditions (less slip) like I could on the SixAM. I am really curious to hear what specifically the others did not like about the S1? I also want to get on an S2 and compare the differences.