Good days and bad days

PeterLasco

• Baller

1. Though I want to ski more, I am at best a weekend warrior. When I lived on the water, I skied 3 or 4 times a week. Here, I will get that in only if I find a way onto the local ski lake. Here is a link to an article after it was built. I am not sure if they have memberships any more. It is for sale. http://www.mtexpress.com/1999/07-21-99/mgmlake.htm

2. Any day I ski is a good day. Better day if the conditions are good.

3. I don't consider any "bad" but maybe half the time, the conditions are not what I would have skied when I skied a lot. Now, I have to take what the water gives me when I get to a lake, or choose not to ski that day.

Sorry for my late response. I mean of what you call a bad slalom day. Lets say, you run 28,32,35 and some at 38... but one or two days you go and don't even run 35 -- or even struggle at 32. I am having most of my days like that and I don't know how to ski more consistently. Any suggestions?

• Baller

I seem to build and ski very well for a few weeks consecutive, and then backslide just when I think I'm really about to break the whole thing loose. Then have to build again. It seems like lots of cracks at 38 screw up my head temporarily and then I have to de-program. Good thing this year is that "off" days still mean 35 is ok but more sloppy.

• Baller
When I really started to learn this crazy thing we do two years ago, as opposed to just being a hack, my coach told me "Don't be afraid to fall/miss in practice. If you're not falling, you're not learning." I have to remind myself that sometimes. Sometimes, I'm trying so many things I have to reset and just go back to the basics of my opener for a few days. I went through a time where I was smoking 32 and 35 and then a week later, I couldn't run an opener. On those days and weeks where I do seem to have bad sets, I have to remind myself of what Charles told me.