Ski Broken on the way to MW Regionals. Help!

MSJ

• Baller

I have a friend who was traveling to the Mid West Regionals yesterday and her ski was broken into several pieces during travel (airline ran over the ski). Does anyone have any suggestions on finding/borrowing a ski for her? She was on a D3 X7? and was probably on a 66 at 32mph. Her event is Friday.

Thanks for any help.

Mark Johnson

@ footloose42

Off topic, but will the airline be reimbursing her for the broken ski?

Probably not, unless it was in a hard case. I've had a surfboard broken into 4 pieces by an airline and they didn't do anything because it was in a soft case.

But I'd like to think the airlines have changed a little since then.

• Baller
I have more or less stopped traveling to competitions that require air travel, mainly due to airline costs (bags, overweight, etc) combined with the fact that they are liable for it's condition and care, and seem to throw the bags extra hard because of that. Wakeboarding now has "golf" bags, because those have no extra charge on most airlines, and a higher weight limit.

• Baller
I am at the midwest regionals right now. I placed 8th in tricks in Men 3. This is my first regionals. I slalom today. Based on what I am seeing here I am glad a drove to Minnesota. Flying with water ski gear is too cost prohibitive. I think it would have cost me an extra $200 to carry my luggage and equipment.