Boat under 19K

tfriess

@Jcmccavit Is there a weight difference between the 275hp throttle body EFI engine that is listed as standard in the 2000 brochure and the 310hp GT-40 that is listed as the standard engine in the 2001 brochure? I thought the hull was the same in 2000 and 2001 being the TSC1.

• Baller
@crashman - Good question. Please don't consider me an expert. I am sure there is some weight differnce between the engines. Jody is the one who most likely knows the exact weight difference. I have know idea why the 2001 one put on weight with the same hull shape as the 1997 - 2000.

• Baller
I have a 98 GT40 EFI with 940 hrs, lift stored, bottom skins in box ready to install, bimini, stereo, trailer cover. GPS speedo. Asking $17,900 but would consider legitiment offers. I have a chance at at @2008 206. otherwise I wouldn't sell. Black& Grey.

• Baller
@harddock you may be high. 2 yrs ago I bought a 2000 196 with 84 hrs (mint) for $17K even...heater, stereo, tune-able rudder, cover, trailer, PP classic. Was looking at other 97/98's with 500 ish hours for $14-$15K at the time when I came across the low hour boat. He was asking $19800 and I wanted to stay $15K, but was nearby and what I wanted so I stretched to $17K and hoped...was shocked it worked out.

• Baller
Harddock, where are you located? Is your boat open bow? I'm in Utah and currently eyeing a 97 SNOB with 780 hours for 13.5, so I would definitely agree that your price seems a bit high, but if you're way back east the point would be moot for me.

• Baller
@6balls, Transom Mount Flush Kit. Just a habit, I look around on Craigslist for deals. Anyway that's one of the best deals on a that year range Response I've seen. Might be worth looking into if someone is looking.

• Baller
Thanks Gregy, I saw that one and called him late last night to buy it. It sounds like within minutes he already has buyers lined up to take it. Where I'm in SLC, I can't just pop on over today, so I'm guessing somebody will beat me to that one. I'm going to offer him some more money if he'll hold on to it for two days while I drive down there. If he won't wait 2 days for a bunch of extra money, then my intuition tells me that there is some sneaky reason he is in such a hurry to get rid of it anyway. We'll see what happens today.

• Baller
I am in New England and it may be high but I have to start somewhere. Mid 90's boats around here are bringing mid teens, late 80's still command 10K so for my market I may not be that far off. I am not even sure I want to sell it. I just hate to miss the 08

• Baller

Hi Gregy,

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, even at 19k, that price would be somewhere right around correct and fair, but probably not a deal worth driving to Texas for. We currently have in the area 3 response LX boats that are a little older, a little more used, and they're right in that price range. The bonus to these is that they have towers, and since I am a part time wakeboarder and skater, that actually matters to me.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that 19k for an 03 in good condition with low hours is a good deal, I'm not saying your friends should go lower or anything, I think their price is very fair and they'll sell it soon, but for now there are enough of those local, that I would probably just take a little higher price in order to not have to drive to texas and to have a tower.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=21802397&cat=147&lpid=&search=malibu

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=21771006&cat=147&lpid=&search=malibu

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=21744538&cat=147&lpid=&search=malibu