What would you expect to find at Andy Mapple's Garage Sale?

ToddL

• Baller_
I ended up with 7 MPDs from a storage locker buy. Someone else bought the locker and didnt know what to do with them. All turned out to be graphic blems and 5 were mint never used. But 2 of them were heavily modified with tails cut, bevels filed, fiberglass added. Pretty sure they were from the master mimself. I live in Orlando but read this to late. By this time of day all the good stuff is gone. :(

• Baller_
@Ed Obermerer. Sorry sold them accept the two modified ones. They were all 67s. Was able to pay for my S2 selling them. I kept the two modded ones. I should try them and see the dif. The mods on each are very different.

• Baller
Just thought if I could find another basically unused early production MPD (mine is serial #0028) it would be worth investing in. Otherwise I'll stick with an RS1 as my backup. I've passed on several for sale, would want an early one if I could find one (likely impossible, I know). You've probably skied most of the good out of yours anyway. :>)

• Baller_

I have a brand new 66 That I got from Lonnie H. It was on his rack for a few years after he tested it. I rode it a few times this summer but I liked the 67 MPD better.

@ED Lonnie has a 68 also. He rode it maybe 5 times and it is on a rack in his shed. Let me know if you need some info.

• Baller
I don't really NEED one @MS but If I could find a low mileage early edition (one of the ones Andy had a hand in building) at a "reasonable" price I'd be interested. Just for grins you might some day see if Lonnie knows what the serial number on that one is and what he might want for it. Horton doesn't REALLY want to sell his...

• Baller
The lore as told to me was that Andy had a hand in building "the first 100 or so" Radar version MPD's made, not sure about the previous run of Jobe branded MPD's before they were branded Radar. Eddie could tell us much more I'm sure. Is the serial number scratched by hand into the finish somewhere under where the bindings mount? If so that may be a clue it's one he had hands on.