Andy Mapple and his Team Mapple launch www.MappleSkis.com

Horton

• Administrators

http://www.ballofspray.com/images/stories/Mapple_Logo_2013.png

Andy Mapple and his Team Mapple launch one of the most comprehensive web sites in the industry. Andy, with over 30 years experience coupled with the team assembled offers a huge level of knowledge to share.

Mapple Skis is a new company dedicated to sharing our team experience and knowledge to help other skiers become the best they can be.

We hope you enjoy our web site and the updates that will continue to come. Mapple Skis is here to help you reach your goals.

http://www.mappleskis.com

• Administrators

@tfriess @MattP

The sales page does read that way.

I just sent Mapple and email to ask him. I can guess the answer but I will let him answer.

• Baller

'...Fin, block and foil sold separate.' I don't think there's any other way to interpret this. $1,750 for the setup if my math is correct.

Of course you can 'save' $10 for going without the wing. And if tricking with it, then another $140.

$1,600 vs $1,750 is really not much difference when you put it on plastic.

• Administrators
@tfriess Mapple said The change has been made on the website regarding the fin setup being included with the ski. It IS included!

• Baller
Oddly, I've never cared for past skis where Andy has been a large part of the R&D for some reason. However, most sticks CP has been on, I've loved. Makes me really want to ski one of these before pulling the trigger on an N1, just to see which side of the spectrum it lands. Maybe there's a new favorite on the market?! I'm looking forward to the review @Horton!

• Baller

The Mapple 6.0 is being built at Radar Lake Manufacturing. This is the same facility that builds the Radar high performance skis. There is an impeccable manufacturing record and a staff of immense knowledge that Mapple Skis is very fortunate to be a part of.

Mapple Skis owns the design and molds for all of its skis, and manufacturing is done to our specs.

• Baller

I can speak first hand to the fact that training good labor for lay-up/lamination - trim out and quality control is not easy.

Moving manufacturing over lets you focus on the important stuff -innovation, customer service, improvement. And away from finding guys who are detail oriented enough to weigh out resin and hardener, or trim top sheets.

• Baller

Since were asking @mapple. I was curious what the differences were between the AM 33 and the 6.0. Wondering if they are the same ski with a pvc core or a completely different design.

Oh, also I really like the new website and the new concept looks to me to be a more commercially marketable company. Myself, I'd be more likely to buy one with the PVC core over the hollow.

• Baller_
Were the two skies in the design phases at the same? Or once the 33 ended did the design of the 6.0 comence? Is the new design based on having to use a core. And thanks for the info so far. Curiosity killed the cat....

• Baller

Great website. I like the tips section on bindings.

@gregy are you going to wait for @Horton's review? He takes 200 rides per ski. When will it be done? October? He reviewed three skis in an entire year. N1 review complete in November. Just in time for Christmas.

I'll wait for @MattP to review it.