Txi or 200

SkiMadDad

• Baller

Hi everyone , im in the early stages of buying a new boat . Can't decide between the Txi & the 200.

I am leaning towards the Malibu cause the kids like to have a board on various things so the wedge would help.

I also like to have ago at the coarse so which boat has the best wash.

Which boat is finished the best?

cheers IXL

• Baller
The TXI, I have skied and driven both substantially, the TXI out handles the 200 by a large margin, wakes are a preference, both are small and flat, the 200 has more of a trough as the line gets shorter, better pull behind the TXI, fit and finish about the same, resale..the TXI will sell much faster in a wider variety of markets...

• Baller
Fit and finish, hands down goes to the 200. Look down the center of the gunnels on both and tell me the hull isn't wavier on the TXI. Tracking goes to the 200. Versatility goes to the TXI. Wake at long line, slow speed goes to the TXI. Wake at 34-36mph goes to the 200. I, and others including two open men skiers say they still feel a trough on the backside of the wake behind the TXI at 35-38 off. Price, definitely goes to the TXI.

• Baller

I have skied extensively behind both and love both boats but your choice depends on where you place your decision criteria. The TXi definitely is more versatile with the use of the wedge, any and all teenagers will definitely prefer the Malibu and scorn the 200.

The 200 is certainly THE best slalom boat and is built second to none. Nautique (Correct Craft) build the best boats in our sport, they last for years with just a bit of common sense TLC. I have a '95 Nautique and it looks showroom new. They build with great materials and as previously mentioned, have the best fit and finish.

The Malibu however is not far off. Their design, look and line are great and the ability to put up a large wake will please everyone that likes to surf or ride.

So if you're criteria weighs heavy for slalom, the 200 is the way to go, if overall family fun is the winner, you will please everyone, and not take a big hit on the slalom pull. Note that the wake for beginners on the TXi is much larger and bubbled than the 200. Same goes for footing, the 200 has a smoother area behind the boat. IMHO.

• Baller_
Malibu boats tend to be the better of the barefoot options amongst the big three choices. I have not had the opportunity to foot behind a TXi, but from outward appearances it is not much different than the LXi, so it should be very good.

• Baller

Have to think barefoot speed easier to achieve in the Txi than the 200, and with greater fuel efficiency. Txi vs 200...what a nice problem to have; I would need more time in both. Does seem that for family friendly but still great slalom boat, the Txi would have the edge.

Would not sweat the quality differences if one takes care of the boat. My '91 Centurion is not built great, but it's still built as well as when new. The boats in question will hold up well for many, many years if cared for properly.

• Baller
Not so fast. The TXI has a 40 gallon tank compared to the 200's 27 gallon tank. The fuel usage is minimal at best. Try slalom with the full 40 gallon and then rate the slalom wake. Now that the 5.7 is running the 654 prop the fuel usage will be even less of a factor.

• Administrators

The only negative thing I can say about the TXI is the dish on either side of the wake is very wide for 24 miles per hour skiers. In other words my wife hates it.

As a skier I do not have a preference. I love them both. having said that all 3 of my tournament trips into 39 are behind a 200

• Baller
I've always been a big Nautique fan and have always scorned the fit and finish of the older Malibus. Plus I always hated how the drivers seat always seemed like I was sitting in a "hole". Until.......I saw the new TXi. There are two different promo Txis at my lake and I love them both. Don't get me wrong - if both boats were the same price I'd consider the 200 but Malibu offers a heck of a boat for a lower price.

• Baller
I agree with @shaneh. The TXi's fit and finish is really nice, but the 200 is absolutely outstanding. If money is no object, I'm going 200 hands down, but you can't beat the TXi for the price. As far as family use, surfing / boarding, it won't be long before CC incorporates the NSS (Nautique Surf System) to the 200 hull, so the wedge will be a non issue.

• Baller
Obviously both nice rides but to clarify, the NSS is only for surfing and does nothing to make a wakeboard wake whereas the wedge is beneficial for both surfing and wakeboarding, and perhaps surfgate will be available on txi in the future. Although not personally footed behind either, the txi's wake definition and speed will undoubtedly have the nod. What kind of prices are y'all hearing on the txi that seem to have earned it its "value" or "cheaper" reputation? I thought price difference was only about 10-15%?

@shaneh - I don't know you, but thank you for shooting straight. I figured you would be hardcore CC based on the dealer I think you ski with. Well done. That's one of the many reasons BOS rocks.

I love both boats. However, both of my kids ski and we are on a public lake from time to time. We couldn't get all of our junk in the 200. (I didn't want to stack my skis in the locker and didn't feel like I had room to lay them in the floor next to the locker.) We ended up with a TXI and it works well for us. Outherwise, I don't have anything negative to say about the CC.

• Baller

@buechsr There is about a $8-9k difference in promo price between comparatively equipped TXI's and the CC200/MC197s.

@skiray You're welcome. Honestly, even though I get a demo (because of the dealer I am associated with), the model we use is really based on which mfr(CC or MC) has the best demo incentive at the time). In our case, CC is covering the floorplan finance costs for 6 months when the boat is designated as a demo, so we have a 200! When the new MC is out, though, it'll probably get added to the stable and we'll have both. I'll ski behind anything that will pull me. lol

• Baller
Slalomed behind both. They feel pretty much the same to me. I have only tricked behind the 200.. If you can only buy one boat for the rest of your life, Correct Craft would have the edge in durability over the others. I would like to try trick skiing behind a TXI. I don't wakeboard, but if a boat works for tricks it will work for kneeboarding..

• Baller

That is a pretty accurate statement. The 200 will be tighter and look better in 10-12 years. That is a fact. There's a reason for part of that $9-10k difference in price. The hull on a 200 is a full 1 inch thick. Push on the gunnel of a 200 with all your weight and then push on the TXI. Compare the windshield frame. Open up the walkthrough, put your hands on the top of the frame and lift yourself up. Compare the finish on the bright parts. CC is all stainless. The 200 is a tank built for 3 event skiing. Now does that mean it's a better boat? Not if it doesn't fit your need.

• Baller
The TXI I skied behind over Labor Day at the tournament was definitely a beautiful boat. White hull with blue striping. If I bought a 200 I would ask about which prop would be the best for use for slalom tricks and barefooting. The Malibu would last me a long time since I have a lift, and a semi heated garage to store it for the winter. I would have to make sure the boats would fit in the garage..

• Baller_
200 if you have the cash. The TXI is great boat and is a monster upgrade from the LXI. Awesome wakes at most speeds and lines. Tracks better then the LXI but not in line with the 200/196 tracking. I would agree with @Shane that down the road the 200 will be worth more and will always be a rock solid boat.

• Baller

I bought a 200 promo boat last May and it was down to the 200 and TXI. I did not see a 8K difference in the promo pricing in the boats I was looking at. It was more like 2-3K. Both ski

great, I like the feel behind the drivers seat much better in the 200, and since I put on 75-100 hours each season the comfort and tracking were very important. I do not see a big fuel difference from my last MC197 in the 34mph range. I rarely pull 36 mph skiers, which I think really increases fuel consumption. I also like the lines on the 200 better. I love my 200.

• Baller

@SkiMadDad , it seems like we've got the same problem...

Until I read this thread, I was only looking for a 200. Now I don't know what to do. I think I've read all the posts on this thread twice and have been unable to determine which boat is more suitable for me.

I'm just looking for the best boat on an 1800 ft lake with a slalom course. Would everyone agree on the 200 hands down in this situation?

I think I need a pull behind both boats in the same day. Does anyone have a TXi and a 200 on the same lake? :)

• Baller

I've been compiling a list of 2012 200 and TXi promos. There seems to be absolutely no price difference. If anything, the TXi's asking prices are higher than all the 200's. Possibly because there's more of an abundance of 200's out there right now.

There may be a difference in price of brand spanking new Txi's and 200's, but it's not reflected in the used boat market right now.

• Baller
Our 2012 promo Team 200s went for $53k(5.7) and $57k(6.0). I know the asking price on essentially identically equipped TXis with 5.7l were $45k. In fact, I know of a promo TXi which went for a LOT less than $44k due to some incentives. At least down here in Texas, the promo LXI/TXis have gone for $7-8k less with comparable options.

• Baller
@ShaneH, I am curious about the 2012 TXI setups? Did you guys do any grinding on the rudders? Also, did you weight the nose at all? I know the rudder has an adjustable tab; but, at least with the LXI's big honking rudder, it didn't seem to make a big enough difference.

• Baller

If you are like me, and cannot afford to trade to new boats every couple of years and plan to keep the boat for multiple decades, then I would give the edge to the SN200. If you have wakeboarders, you can always get a fat sac to make the wake bigger, and put an extended pylon on it if you don't get the tower.

I do that when I pull wakeboarders on my 1994 Ski Nautique. Just make sure the guy cable is tight to take the load off the pylon. Like a said before for slalom on the new boats, any of the four get the job done with flying colors.

• Baller

@ShaneH - Building a "tank" as you called it, referring to a 200, is not the end all be all.

A good engineer will design a boat to be strong enough without being over built. Sometimes that means a boat will have a bit of flex engineered into it. Over building is costly and unnecessary. Love both boats just saying...for an all around boat I would pick the TXi.

• Baller
I have to agree with Shane. After a year and a half in a new 200, I'm amazed at the quality of all materials used in construction. There isn't even so much as the slightest fray in any of the upholstery stitching, or degradation of any kind, anywhere. I've never, in all my years and numerous boats later, seen a boat of this quality. No wonder they're so freaking expensive! I love the TXi, and will likely own one someday, since I can't afford a new 200, but it's simply not built with the highest quality materials like the CC. However, the price also reflects that. I'd be happy with either, but if money is no object, I'm going 200.

• Baller

I ski behind both. the 200 is a great boat.. the txi way better on fuel. the edge goes to txi.

less money out the door and less out the wallet throughout the ski year.

300 sets a year or roughly 100 hrs.. roughly 300 gallons for txi and roughly 450 gallons for 200.

the sn196 is the best of both in my humble opinion ..

• Baller

Both are awesome boats. Can't counter the high quality comments regarding the 200 - but, I have seen so many nautiques over the years where the owners, with only minor neglect were constantly fighting mildew on the upholstery. And, not just in tight areas that didn't dry as well. And, once they had it, there was no removing it all. Has the selection of vinyl improved in recent years?

I have had nothing but Supra's and Malibu's and never any issues with mildew.

• Baller

The 200 has new material and that includes the stitching that is resistant to staining and mildew. I believe that the interior is far better the the TXI. You may pay just a touch more for the 200 but it is the little things that will such as the quality of materials and the attention to detail that Nautique puts into every boat that makes it stand out one year or 8 years from now. Well worth the extra money.