SE Michigan Ski Clubs

mino

• Baller

My wife and I live on a public lake with a course. Love living on the lake, but hate trying to ski with the boat traffic. We spent 5 years in Florida until my job moved me back to Michigan 2 years ago. We loved being able to ski a lot in Florida with very little boat traffic. We are not great skiers, but would like to improve. With that in mind, we are looking to ski if there are any private ski clubs in the area we could join. We live in the Commerce/Novi/Wixom area.

Thanks

• Baller

Larry,

Thanks for the info. Contacted Dixboro and right now they do not have any openings. Will most likely go out and check the place out. Can always get on a waiting list.

Thanks again.

• Baller
@onamission - I know Steve Michell, but not Michaels. We have gotten to know pretty much everyone that skis on Commerce. There is a lot of time to hang out and chat while you are waiting your turn.

• Baller_
The Lyons Ski Club is in the Wixom area. Try this email: lyonsskiclub at gmail dot com. Also, if you go to the USA Waterski website, click on "3 Event Water Skiing", then click on "Events and Registration" then on "Event Search or Register". You can then specify Michigan in the State selection criteria to get a list of tournaments. You can find some sites/clubs this way and the tournament details will have good contact information. For example, the Lyons Ski Club holds some tournaments (Lyons Slalom #1, etc.) and you can check out those entries.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@mino Well lets say I know a Steve on Commerce Lake that is friends with a couple my friends, he had a Malibu Sunsetter and now I believe he has a Response. If you can, let me know what you find out about Lyons Ski Club. It would be nice to ski without wally's and a line up once and a while

Larry -----<|

• Members
Depending on when you want to ski, make friends with access to a private lake. I'm on Pine Lake now, so email me if you want to run ours sometime. I usually ski in the evening with pretty much zero traffic. There is quite the lineup at 6-8am and my work schedule doesn't allow for time sitting on the gunwales in the morning.

While I'm not in the area that you request, we have a small club on our semi-private lake. Course is in Monday through Friday and I typically ski in the evenings. We have no public access, so that's why I call it "semi-private". Our gates are closed and locked memorial day through labor day. If you find yourself in the area, let me know. I'm happy to give you a pull. Just understand.....I don't have a TXI as I believe you do.

@mino Clio and Capac are great private sites. Start $ required at Clio, non at Clio, just a little far, we'll go there on Sundays. I live in Commerce and ski every morning from 600 to 730 on White Lake. There are 4 to 6 guys that run the course, a few more on Saturday.

I skied at JEPAWHIT in Gaines for a few seasons, a Big Dog qualifier is held there quite often. World class conditions, pulled by a current year SN 200.

Is there still a ski club on Belleville lake? Their website is down, maybe I'll try to dig up some numbers. I'm looking for a place to put some hours on my boat.

Anyone know someone who skis on Upper Straits Lake in Orchard Lake MI? Just moved into a neighborhood on the lake and would be interested in meeting up with people who ski on the course here. My ski club is a bit of a drive now..