What do ballers do to earn a living when not skiing

disland

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I've been involved in manufacturing and automated equipment in one form or another for the last 20 years. I've also owned an automotive customization and offroad shop since 2001. I'm seriously thinking of selling the business presently, its cutting into my skiing time way too much.

@horton was is a tps report away? Have you been missing a lot of work lately?

• Baller
I run a sales team for a manufacturer of Backup, Recovery and Archive products that corporations leverage to protect and store their business critical data, either on-site or in the cloud. We are the best insurance you can buy your company in the event you experience a disaster or data loss of any kind.

• Baller
Not slim choices for me. I had to decide which of 3 I wanted to select. I picked engineer because I'm an aerospace engineer but I'm actually a federal government employee and work structures in aviation as well.

• Baller

Ued to be a software engineer/developer/CEO/owner of a mining software company. Then my company and all our 25 staff were "purchased" by another company that then was acquired by another company that had been acquired by a 140,000 employee company (ABB)... Now I am a Vice President in charge of dealing with internal politics more than any real engineering...

By the way, @Murrski, looks like your company runs some of our software (Ventyx)? Do not work in the P&D area, though...

• Baller
General Contractor specializing in custom homes and light commercial projects. 6 years ago we were doing 6Mil+ per year in volume. Now we are...lets just say I have done a lot of skiing over the last several years.

My pizza place is called Frankies. We are in Maple Grove about 15 minutes northwest of Minneapolis. Just a small place but we have full menu, pizza, pasta, sandwiches etc. (no beer though). Stop on in and get the baller discount!

• Baller_
@Tomas of course it's called Frankies.... What decent pizza place isn't. ;-) Well, I'll do my best to stop by. Was just looking into flights. Very depressing. Flights up $200 each from last year. And what seems to be about half the selection.

• Members
Outside sales for a cutting tool company in MN, sell tooling to machine shops. Started a shop in 07, bad timing. 15 yrs of job shopping made sales/ tech support a nice switch, easy to save shop owners $$$$$ when you know how to apply tools.

• Baller
Started as a pharmacist and decided there was no way I was going to be doing that for the long haul so now I teach high school physics. I'd rather work with teenagers any day of the week rather than standing behind a counter....one of the best moves I ever made.

• Baller

sorry I couldnt make more choices. The poll has a limit.

Anyway I thought of the poll when everyone was geeking out on the ZO write up.

As expected lots of engineers like skiing. Interesting line of discussion there.

Hey @OB go Navy! I am USNA '85 and former NFO

• Baller
Oh I picked sales although I am an engineer and work for an IT company specializing in cyber security and application acceleration for service providers, large enterprises and internet companies like eBay. I do business development working with Cisco and Juniper.

• Baller
I'm a process engineer in semiconductor research and development. I worked on developing the manufacturing process for creating the computer chips that go into your videogame consoles and phones (and lots of servers).

@PatM - thought I might be the only FD and Embalmer! Good to see another. Current President of Funeral Home and Cemetery in University Place WA

@T8skier did you know Robin Sclair, also a Fed Ex pilot out of Seattle WA?