Prostar 209 wake

franciscolalas

I have heard that a 209 is not "all that bad" but it will be NO WHERE near what your 92 PS190 was, as stated, one of the best wakes of all time. I do believe there well still be a pronounced bump at 28 and nice lip of the crests. Just work on your form and ski through it. The most important thing is to get your family out on the water. (I would gather why you traded in the first place)

Thanks guys! I bought this boat from a private seller, so the "9" will be on me! I'm also not a big fan of full size towers, but family also wakeboards. Do you think 100 lbs on the ski locker will be enough to shape a better wake, or should I put it more forward?

• Baller

I owned a 209 for a season. I'd say shorter lines and 34+mph you won't be disappointed. Slower speeds and longer lines.... you better have a strong position behind the boat. Keep in mind, it's a 3-event certified boat so it's got pretty good credentials for being a solid ski boat.

Great family boat too. Takes choppy water very well for a DD and for the most part you don't have to worry about small children sitting in the bow like you might on the 19 footers. Enjoy!