Did anyone hear what Nate did today at Sawmill?

aswinter05

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
In practice doesn't count for a thing. Other skiers have run it in practice. Still hasn't been run in a tournament. Nowhere close. 3....ok, that'll happen. It's more than a matter of time before Nate or anyone else nuts up and runs a full 43, though.

• Baller
Just curious why some feel it's so far fetched to replicate in a tournament what is accomplished in practice? I'm assuming ZO handles the speed, so is the driver not tracking as well? Is is it simply the pressure of competition? I only have alpine to relate to, and yes, training runs could produce some wicked times, but it wasn't drastically different from a race. If true, I just don't understand how someone can burn -43 in practice, but never get around in a tourney?

• Baller

First, who ever said "it" was accomplished in practice?! If "it" means getting around #3 then I believe it and I believe it will happen Ina tournament...soon. If "it" means a whole pass @43 I'm not buying it unless there's some credible confirmation.

And I am one who thinks that 43 will be run someday. But not likely this year.

• Baller
I'm with @klindy, very much doubt full 43 off. At that line length, every 1 ball is massive. From what we HAVE seen in tourney's is a closeish sortof (not real words so can't spell them) 3 ball. Even in practice another three for full pass, at this stage, would be pretty much impossible IMO. To get where he is now defies belief for most of us, the guy is a freakish talent.

• Baller
@klindy Heard it from someone who heard it from him. I am excited to see more tournaments because I believe what happens in practice eventually happens in tournaments. All I keep thinking is Roger Bannister. Once it happens, you will see a ton of others running, simply because it will have been done!

• Baller
@liquid d is right, boat path makes all the difference in the world...I saw nate balls to the wall full out going for it at shortline a few weeks ago with a straight boat path, inside 3 ball by about 5 feet...if the driver would of given 4-6" at each buoy there is a decent chance he would of been outside of 3 ball

• Baller

@matthewbrown

That makes sense. Sadly, that explains why I do much better at -35 when my wife is driving. She's the best wife in the world, but likely not the straightest drive, bless her heart.

Any chance the new Prostar is unveiled at the shootout? Sorry for the thread hijack here, but I'm pumped to see it.

• Baller
Not to hijack this thread more than it has already been....but I've heard that Nate's on a relatively large ski for his size (I've heard he's about 175# on a 68"). Besides being Nate and being able to do whatever he wants to, what benefit or possible negatives result from this?