Prostar 2014 for sale

Chuck_Dickey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dbdr2taresi7.jpg

In need of a new home! Please pass the word so I can order my 2015. This baby is awesome in every way. Custom dialed by Will Bush and Marcus Brown.

On © heyenne Lake in Newberry Springs, CA. and ready to test drive and ski. PM me if you're intetested.

Time for a bump up the list.

This beautiful PB machine has only 210 hours, comes with factory warranty and is in perfect condition. Send me a PM and I'm happy to give you all the facts. Demo ski rides and a chance to drive can easily be arranged. This dream machine is at my Cheyenne Lake home in Newberry Springs, CA. ererk3v4olt2.jpg

Cheyenne Ski Fest, First tournament of the season in the California High Desert was a terrific success. My 2014 Prostar was a big hit with the slalom skiers. Lots of great performances and a few PB's set. This is the last year this boat will be a Promo boat and needs to find a good home.

• Administrators
Everyone knows my personal and business allegiance is not with MasterCraft but Chuck's boat is Freaking AWESOME. I have equaled my personal tournament PB behind it 2 or 3 times now. I skied 3 rounds this weekend behind 3 boats and Chuck's MC was by far the best to ski behind.

• Baller_
I know that there is a 2014 stigma but not all the boats had issues. I know that the 2014 that Lonnie has for sale was the finest pull I have had since PP. How are people spending money on new boats when these boats are out there?

• Baller
It was all dependent on the tranny folks. My 2014 was too slow for me, but it also had the wrong transmission. As I understood it at the time ZF shipped both 1.22-1 and 1.24-1 transmissions. I'm unclear if MC was aware and didn't think it would make a big difference, or if they weren't aware. In any event, boats that got the "right" transmission were very good, those that didn't were slow to speed. I'm sure Chuck's boat, just like the boat @richarddoane has, are both in the "right transmission" category.

• Baller
@oldjeep -- that was my recollection. One of the things I found a bit odd was that MC approved the same two props (size-wise) for both the 5.7 and the 6.2 and used the same tranny. Would seem logical to have either had a different transmission or a different prop for the 5.7, but hey, what do I know? I am not a boat designer or an engineer!

• Baller

I can only speak to my own experience, but it seems the gap between a promo price and what some dealers are willing to sell new for is closing. Example, when my brother ordered his 200, the price difference ended up just being a few percent over...still real money, but close enough when you're talking today's big dollar boats. The dealer was wise to promo pricing and preferred to sell a unit at a deep discount, rather than lose a sale all together. Perhaps this is isolated to our market region, I don't know?

This boat is loaded but that puts it way outta range for many. I MIGHT be able to justify a 2012-2013 boat for about 40K. 56K (per SIA) puts it WAY outta my price range! Still an absolutely gorgeous boat and I'm sure it's worth every penny. I just don't have enough pennies!

• Baller_
I've had two potential buyers for my 2014, but both wanted the tower, seats, tandem trailer, stereo and racks that I don't order for doing the promo thing. If I can get $47K for mine (158 hours now), that means I've got to come up with over $10K more to get a 2017

• Baller
@jdarwin -- AWSA rule should be "current model design" or something like that. If the boat is a 200, a PS, a TXi, or a Carbon Pro, why do I care what year it is? USAWS isn't doing the manufacturers or the skiers any favors with the 3 year rule. At current boat prices, promo programs are dying.

• Baller_

Let's say we go with "any previously approved hull". I have a 2009 Malibu Response LX with ZO. While that hull design was previously approved (for many years before the LXi or TXi), it was not in combination with ZO. Could/should that be considered a valid boat for tournaments? I say yes.

Forget about the engine and prop combination quagmire for a moment and just consider hull and speed control.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@Mark_Matis - BINGO!!! That would mirror the IWWF. My 2008 SN w/ ZO can pull a world record (L,R) in any other country but NOT in the U.S. Why? Because USAWS is in bed with the boat manufacturers who are doing NOTHING to support their promo programs. They are having their cake and eating it too. USAWS needs their sponsorship money and the membership pays the price. I say dump the sponsorship and raise dues $5/year on the membership and let us use whatever boat is available.

• Baller
I think this would be a great idea to combat the rising costs of ski boats. It would however decrease the number of tournament boats sold. A promo guy buys a new boat every 3-5 years instead of every year. This might cause the manufactures to cut back on r&d for these boats or to exit the market all together. I love the idea, just playing devils advocate.

• Baller

I sure hope this awesome boat sells or is sold!

Why exactly does the AWSA care what boat is used in a class c tournament? Everyone would rather ski behind the newest and greatest boat out there, but they would also rather ski at a tournament behind any boat rather than have no tournament at all.

I've been on several forums that posited the idea of holding a tournament behind "vintage" hand driven boats. It seems like that would be a fun, lighthearted tournament to be involved in. I don't see how that could be a bad thing. There's always going to be a market for the best boats in our particular demographic.