The New Team Seal Ski Machine

Jody_Seal

@Jody_Seal I was the one there when you unwrapped that boat at performance ski and surf. Ballers, the boat looks even better in person. I was the beneficiary of fortunate timing. I was at performance buying wing gauges when he pulled up with that boat in shrink wrap from the factory.

• Baller
@6balls I love towing with the tandem trailer. You hardly know the boat is back there. When I'm towing with a single axle, it feels like the boat is going to pop off the hitch. Besides, A meat neck like yourself should get a kick out of wrenching a tandem around by hand!

So I guess you have to know some one at the factory to get 2 Metal flake colors next to each other. Try to create that one on the Nautique website and it won't work. "You may only use the same metal flake color for adjacent flake". And yea I could certainly fish out of that boat. People be sayen - that be one sweet fishen boat and ya getten thar quick with that ZR 6.

• Baller_
I have been known to fish out of my ski boats. Like the tandem as we do run the boat around and they trail very nice. Most single axle trailers are over sprung for the boat that they carry and tend to bounce at speed. Tandems ride nice especially out on the interstate running 85 mph. The two metal-flake colors are special order but their is one in their catalog. I tried to get the green 200 that was at the Nat's but it was already spoken for. As far as the closed bow I am a bit of a purest and prefer the closed bow and have no need to haul anyone up in the bow area. besides the under bow area is a great place to take a nap in the shade! It is cavernous !

• Baller

Sitting on the couch with my wife last night watching a movie.

Me. "Look at the boat. Isn't it beautiful?"

Jen "Sure"

Me. "You didn't even look over here at it!"

Jen. "Yes I did"

Me. "sure"

Jen. "It had sparkly blue aqua color stuff on it. And it was a boring boat. And we have one that sinks every time we go to Lake Powell. Woo hoo, it was shiny"

Damn good thing the water ski industry is not dependent upon my wife for its growth!!!!!

Beautiful boat @Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Bob is good guy and made a go of it but just couldn't weather the down turn at the peak of the recession. The sad thing was the latest Comp LTS that Supra produced for 3 event was killer. Best wake and could go head to head with any of them. See WaterSki Mag.

This IS a great slalom boat and it is NOTHING like the Moomba's (no offense to Moomba owners)

http://orlando.craigslist.org/bod/4251171678.html

My first. A 1987 metal flake and all. Don't know of any ski boat that did metal flake back then but Supra was decades ahead of everyone else in design and style IMHO. My understanding is this edition was rare.

• Baller

Correct Craft's 1986 Silver Nautique had a metal flake stripe. Additionally, Correct Craft's Bass Nautiques were metal flake as well and were produced in the late 70s through early 80s.

Back to the original topic. Way to go @teamseal on getting another beautiful boat. Any truck you're in is worth more than $800 as long as you've got some cash in your pocket and Michelle by your side.

• Baller
@Zman I had a 2000 Legacy before I got my LXI. Great ski boat, IMO one of the most underrated OB ski boats ever made. Bought it new in 2000 and had it 8 years before upgrading. Pretty similar to the LXI but narrower beam, not as roomy. Damn shame Supra quit building slalom boats IMO.

• Baller

@Ed @Wish Check this... http://www.supraboats.com/history/

My wife just took a bunch of clothes to donate. My Supra Comp World Championship (1989) jacket went with it all, darn.

Ed, I also went from Legacy to 2007 Rlxi.

I picked up my first Supra at the factory in Sept of 1983. It was a Supra Beast inevery way - black n gray, 425 ci 330HP engine - except it was open bow and tagged as one ofvthe early Riders. Fun boat! Great barefoot boat.

Then I got into the 87 Comp.