PTM VR-140 HD panoramic mirror - unboxing

Horton

• Baller

@Horton

I found it works better for me when mounted just to the right (Towards Driver) of the walk thru windshield. Just Right enough so you can easily walk thru. This way when you look up to the mirror, you don't have to look up and way left. Also, if you need to open the windshield, the mirror won't get banged around. Just my two cents.

• Baller
I have the same mirror and it's a total game changer. Not only can you see more clearly, but you can see the skier on both sides of the wake with no adjustment - not just for a split second while they pass through the whitewater. Awesome product

• Baller

@Horton how is the carbon one for putting up and down when the cover goes on the boat at night? I have a PTM mirror but no bracket due to the buyer of this promo boat just wanted a standard mirror and not the upgraded one from Nautique. Trying to decide which bracket to order. Also if anyone has the ZXR-200 bracket, trying to decide between the Black or Aluminum. Will the black rub off over time if I use the towing cover?

Thanks,

• Administrators

@ab I think you need the PTM bracket but I am not 100% sure.

@Krlee‌ funny you ask. It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to put the mirror down. Once I broke down and read the instructions it is super easy.

• Baller

I keep seeing these mirrors and all of the rave reviews but I'm being a stubborn ass on this one for a while longer. I don't really think I'm being a tightwad here as I would totally pay the $200 for a nice mirror so I can see everything my friends are doing in the mirror but I draw the line at having to pay an extra $90-$100 for a dinky proprietary bracket.

It's nice to see they have a replacement option and I highly commend them on that. However, when they're willing to replace the guts and glory of the mirror and return ship it to you for $50 on the $200 mirror or $40 for the $100 mirror, it doesn't take a math major to realize that the mirror itself can't cost more than about $10-20 tops with some plastic behind it.

Sorry for the rant. I really want one but I can't stomach the mark up at this time.

• Baller
@Chef23‌ the mount only works with the Malibu bar if you chop the bar in half - mount doesn't open enough to get around bar. Got this info from another baller who had already gone that route. He even sent me some pics of the setup

• Baller

@Waternut‌ This was the thread that @davemac‌ ‌ directed me to with pictures of what he had to do to make it work. Seems odd that for all the $$$$$$ that they get for their stuff that there isn't a mount that works on the bar that comes on every Malibu.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37481-ptmedge-mirror-on-03-rlxi/?hl=mirror

• Baller
I emailed CIPA this afternoon about a tower style mount since that's how I have my current mirror mounted. Will let people know if they respond. They do sell the windshield mounts on their site though for.....wait for it....$136.50. For the record, that's more than they sell the mirror and mount on the same site so not sure what's up with that crap.

I got the PTM 140 with bracket, the one so gracefully unpacked here by horton, but I find the mirror is mounted too high, and a bit too far away from the driver (1997 ski nautique). I get a stiff neck from looking upwards and the image is smaller than it should be. Then I saw that the new ski nautiques have the same 140 mirror, but use a different mount, much more the way I'd like it: not so high and a bit closer to the driver. I asked ski nautique where to get such a mount, but no response. Does anyone here know?

• Baller
Does anyone have suggestion on adjusting the mirror (trim up down) with the ZXR bracket? Our buddie's mirror always seems low ----you don't see the skier just the ski and legs. Have tried using the knob in the back of the mirror without luck.