1998 Ski Centurion

slvrbulit

What are you looking at it to do? Recreational or deep course running. I am assuming you are talking the eilte Direct Drive not V-Drive. It is not the best wake for skiing by any stretch of the imagination. It was produced more of an all around boat. Can you ski it in a course absolutely but you will not get as deep as you would with a pure slalom tug. The construction is very similar to what they are doing today with once piece topdeck/interior put onto the hull. There is not wood in the boat and should not have any issues. Most likely has a Merc Black scorpion which can have an issue with vapor locking but can be taken care of with a little work. All in all it would be a very good all around boat but not great for any one water sport be it skiing or wakeboarding.

My cousin had one and I skied behind it a couple of summers. I can only recall that I thought it was DA bomb back then. I don't recall her having any issues but I wasn't around it in the off season. I would agree with the above comment that it is probably not the best wake, but if you can get a price/condition combo you like, that is really what matters IMO for a boat this age. As an idea, we just sold a 99 Bu LX sportster that was in very good conditon and low hours for 11750.

• Baller
I have been in a couple.....it's a good overall boat, great for family use and some course skiing, the hull is a stretched and widened version of the Eclipse which was a tournament caliber boat at that time......(kind of like how Malibu took the LX and made a 21' Lxi). Lots of storage and fairly solid overall, just didn't sell that well as V-Drives were starting to take over. Make sure there aren't any stress cracks or signs of abuse and you should be good, I have only seen the Merc Magnum MPI Skier engine in the this boat, a Scorpion would be a nice upgrade, can probably get it for a nice price.

• Baller
I have a 99 Malibu Response Lx. its an open bow and has great slalom wake. I think at low speeds its better than the current models. If you can get a really good deal on the Centurion then OK. I paid 14.5K for mine 3 years ago and its was in really good condition. 98 and forward RLx had the diamond hull that was more desirable in 99 they upgraded the interior.

• Baller
Thank you for all the information. It will be a family type boat used for free riding in a open lake. A marina is sellin the boat for the owner, asking $14,900. Its the end of the season up here so I made a offer of $12,000. We will see what happens.