Freddie Winter runs 1 @ 43

Horton

• Administrators

@MattP‌ no. I do not recall.

Do you remember me seeing him ski at the 2013 California Pro AM and then telling everyone that he was the real deal?

• Baller
Rodgers, Mapple, Beaushene, Smith, Asher, Travers, Winter, Parrish .......Degasperi? (not really sure how to count that, other than he ran it, in a tournament, but in a runoff I think...does anybody remember details?)

• Baller

@Wish I think you meant 43off club. The 41off club is rather large these days.

Jeff Rogers - 1997

Andy Mapple - 1998

Ben Favret - 2002 - Boat Path Issue

Jamie Beaushane - 2003

Chris Parrish - 2005

Will Asher - 2008

*Thomas Degasperi - 2009

Nate Smith - 2010

Jon Travers - 2012

Freddie Winter - 2014

Jeff Rogers - 55k 2012

Andy Mapple - 55k 2014

*Frederic Halt - 55k 2014

* In a runoff. Does not count as an official score

Did I miss any @Edbrazil‌

• Baller_

@MattP‌

Ben favret's run was disallowed due to boat path.

I don't recall either Chuck Forrest or Mike Morgan ever running a full pass at 41. Are you sure about those?

@jcamp, whatshisname, the cheating dentist never ran 43, even on his mini course. The illegitimate record was 2@43.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

@mattp, There seems to be inconsistency between the scores and the 43 off list. I checked the list and neither MM or CF have any scores at 9.75 (43 off). Mikes best was 2.25 and chucks best was 3.5@41. I think Andy and Jeff were the first to run 41 @ 55k.

Also good to see MM skiing men's speed the last few years and still doing well.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
Don't know if anyone knows or remembers this, but when Jeff became the first one to do it. He first ran 5 at 41, which was a record. Then he ran the 1 at 43. 2 world records in a row. I believe the 1 at 43 was run almost at dark thirty. There was a fear that there was not enough light to see the boat path video.

• Baller

@9400 Same basic thing occurred in 2012 at 34mph. Two tournaments (Sat and Sun) of two rounds each. First round he ran 5@41. Second round was 1@43 (scored as 1-1/2 or 1-1/4 but the video confirmed only 1). The light was flat but the light and surrounding landscape made the buoys glow heading back towards the dock. I can't recall if he opted up or not. The Koewn video documentary 43@43 has a lot of great video and storyline.

On Sunday Jeff ran 1@43 again and then followed it up with a 1-1/4@43 in the second round. We submitted all three records and the 1-1/4 stands today (until the 2@43 is confirmed).

Pretty amazing weekend for sure.

• Baller

@Wish‌

Jeff Rogers - 1997

Andy Mapple - 1998

Jamie Beaushane - 2003

Chris Parrish - 2005

Will Asher - 2008

*Thomas Degasperi - 2009

Nate Smith - 2010

Jon Travers - 2012

Freddie Winter - 2014

Jeff Rogers - 55k 2012

Andy Mapple - 55k 2014

*Frederic Halt - 55k 2014

* RunOff Score does not count as a official score

• Baller
Jamie tied Jeff and Andy's World Record in Charleston, long before France. I also believe his French score is official but couldn't be submitted for New World Record due to no end course video...but just repeating what I heard on France, not something I know for sure.