HO CX Superlite vx HO CX

blagrata

• Baller

I'm looking to get a new ski for the spring. The 2015 skis by HO look pretty appealing. I ski the course at 28-30mph, 15 off.... sometimes do some free skiing. Currently have been skiing on a Connelly F1X with sidewinder bindings for the last 4 years.

Has anyone had any experience with the CX vs the CX superlite? Is it worth the extra $400 for the lighter ski?

Also.... has anyone tried the vmax or xmax boots? Any preference?

Thanks in advance. All I can do is dream about skiing for the next 4 months here in Ohio

@blagrata, I went from the 2012 triumph, to the 2014 tx superlight, and immediately picked up about half a pass. It just felt lighter, snappier, and higher performance. Plus, I think you get an upgraded fin system with the superlight. Yes, I think it is definitely worth the extra cost. Good look.

I purchased a 2014 CX SUPERLIGHT and have been very happy with it's performance, I took it into the course at 15 off at 30 mph and it was great for me and can be taken much deeper course performance wise. I believe @Horton did a review on one last year. This ski is so much lighter and faster than my last ski it really put me in a differant world. I also do alot of free skiing and this ski with its design really is great for it. I have not tried those boots though.

• Baller
I would be interested in someone commenting on the original question, being is the superlite worth the additional $3-400. I am on an older 67" HO Triumph and am considering going to a 69" CX or CX Superlite, however unsure if the price premium will make much difference. My objective is to progress from 32 mph to 34 mph.

• Baller

I am a little late on this one but.....

@blagrata‌ & @"Brodie James"‌ I asked this question a while back Carbon vs non-carbon for the -15 off skier. $300-$400 is more is a lot to spend on a ski for us guys that are not running shortline.

I went with a carbon ski that was on closeout (last years model) and got a new ski at a good price and love it. I did NOT think I needed a carbon ski. I chose the higher performance ski so 1) I could grow into it, 2) I would not want to upgrade after just 1-2 seasons.

Well #2 did not happen. I am more hooked on "trying" to run buoys than ever and still want a new ski after 2 seasons even though my ski can go up the line way past my ability.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/7420/carbon-vs-non-carbon-skis

• Baller
@blagrata‌ The forebody of the CX mold is based off of an upsized A3. For example, if you chose a 67 CX, the running surface is essentially that of the 68 A3. The back 10 or so inches of the ski employ what we call "Clean Edge". This reverse bevel on the sidewall creates lift and reduces drag on the ski. Reduced drag = less effort when skiing open water and also makes for some pretty easy passes in the course. The Superlight version gives you the same lightweight PVC core and carbon layup as the Syndicate skis along with the nicer fully adjustable fin box. Hope this helps in your search!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations