Ski Tug Hours? Please provide year and make.

Rivvy

• Baller
2015 CC 200 6L. 4 hours. When I sold our 2009 Malibu with over 1000 hours only thing it ever had done was an impeller and oil changes. Guy still has it now with over 1500 hours and hasn't had to do anything to it. Boats after that never get enough hours to worry about. Think most on 3 boats since then has been 350 and no problems with any.

• Administrators

I have an early 90s MC. It is so darn old that I forget what year it is. 91 or 94. Whatever. It has THOUSANDS of hours on it. The hour meter stopped a long time ago. I do not use it much but it was the primary boat for a friend of mine for years. It is a kickass slalom boat. Lack of ZO is a bummer for every day training but it skis really good. I guess it would suck skiing in the wind but I don’t. And the trick wakes? Yea baby!

I think it is bad for the sport that we have painted ourselves into a corner where to be competitive at shorter line lengths we have to largely abandon affordable boats like my old MC. I guess that is another thread.

Oooo yea and I also have a 2015 Centurion with less than 30 hours on it. If the old MC is like a trusty 1970s Ford Bronco with rusty floor boards, 4 bald tires and a Led Zeppelin bumper sticker then the Centurion is like a shiny 2015 Lexus or BMW. They both have appeal.

• Baller
@swc5150 keep nibbling! She's at about 250 hrs for a 2000 SN196 bought used with 84 on the clock. The used vehicle I'm likely to buy tomorrow for soon to be 16 y.o. son likely kills any boat upgrade potential for me. Not spending all that much, but the margin to get me to ZO is not that much either so there goes my margin.