February Swerve

skihard

• Baller
Ski gear on. 2mm full Camaro wetsuit (robbis ski shop), Life jacket, neo beanie (from the lady in Utah), Duck hunting gloves. Onto the back of the boat and air was 70, water was 45 ish, Wind about 30 MPH gusts straight down the course. White caps galore and boat all over the course due to wind. Didn't make a single buoy and even manage to do several helicopter turns pulling out prior to the boat even entering the course on one pass. Spent more time in the water than on the water but hey the ski season has now begun for me here in Colorado. Hopefully the only way is up from here. Everyone that doesn't do this sport thinks we are all several gallons low of a full tank of smarts. BTW meant to snow again on Weds. Ski on everybody as there were at least 5 of us skiing in Colorado this weekend.

• Baller
@Horton you really gotta stop braggin already, the closet thing to a ski handle I have held in the past 4 months is a shovel and frankly it's just not the same..... Been a mild winter for the most part but Mother Nature lets us know when she isn't happy still..... #canadianwinterproblems

• Baller
Two very nice sets in San Diego this morning, but the sea breeze kicked up quickly and messed up my wife's second set. Went to the beach after rinsing down the boat and grabbing some lunch. Big surf and a stiff onshore breeze, but lots of warm sun and lots of people. Another friend had some nice folks from Canyon Lake out for some sets as well -- looking forward to tournament season with that crew.

• Baller

@bassfooter I should have come to poach a ride with you. It did get windy early. Hiking around the lighthouse at Point Loma was fun instead. San Diego rocks! But in February I'd rather be in Tahoe chasing powder. I don't rinse the salt water off my skis but I do like a shower so we need winter.

Eric

• Baller

@eleeski - Come on down any time. Would love to pull you a set or two. I am doing a daily snow dance - Mammoth got rained on, adding insult to injury. Never seen anything like it.

@Tyler_R - You really don't want to move to San Diego. It's the pits! I don't think it got much above 70 today.

• Baller
Another 16" of snow yesterday and something like 80" for the month. It is insane here there are snowbanks on peoples driveways over head height. My boat is buried in snow and I am afraid my frame to support the cover has collapsed but I can't get to it.

• Baller
I got 4 sets over an extended President's Day wknd visiting my brother in Fort Lauderdale. The last one was at McGinnis' in less-than-perfect conditions and I managed to run my first ZeroOff -32 off (had run it 7 or 8 times on PP). Not bad for the offseason.