Who has skied in the most states?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

Semi-inspired by @gsm_peter's recent travels, here's something completely useless but maybe fun to think about!

I seriously doubt I'm even remotely in the running, but I guess I might as well set the bar somewhere. My intent is only to count "tournament-style" skiing, but it doesn't need to be an actual tournament and all three events count.

I believe my list is:

OR

CA

IL

PA

NJ

NY

VA

MA

NH

VT

CT

(hm, not ME? how can that be? I go to Maine a lot)

FL

So, 12.

-Than

• Baller

A bit off-topic, but this got me thinking of the states where I have installed/fixed/checked courses. Like another poster, I'm listing the states where I haven't:

Alaska

Hawaii

Idaho

Montana

Wyoming

North Dakota

South Dakota

Arkansas

Delaware

Leaving 41 states where I have. The era when the Pro Tour was running strong helped

me get to some unusual places.

Also did international work in:

Canada

Australia

Mexico

Columbia

Dominican Republic

• Supporting Member

I brought my ski all the way to Japan years ago, but that was only because the only possible way I could attend Regionals was to fly directly from Japan to Washington. And I really wanted to attend Nationals that year, so I have to "achieve skiing position" at Regionals.

Skiing a tournament with massive jetlag after a week of no practice was ... interesting. But I started one pass back from my normal start and I did manage to run a couple of passes!

• Baller

Oh wait... I just remembered about 4-5 years ago two guys drove down from WV for a clinic at Timber Lake. So, there must be at least 2. They said they had a course on the river.

[ok, end off topic side track]

• Baller

In the days of the WOW tour (Women Of Waterskiing), we had 2 tournaments in Parkersburg, WV.

On the Ohio River. Wide enough you could have run SL crossways. Massive barge trains going

by at times. Recipe for a disaster event, but both years, the event went off relatively well.

• Baller
I made a quick count of skiing in tournaments in 24 states, but most likely I forgot a few. I have lived and skied in three different regions and in college. I am sure it is not a record but at least honorable mention.

• Baller
And there it is. @OB still has it, but it sure looks good in a list. @Jody_Seal has seen me in @Horton state of "insane raging fury" in Axis AL. Probably Milton FL too. Product of setting up a ski in 85 degree water and going to a spring fed lake.

• Baller

As soon as I saw this post I knew @OB would be tough to be beat. He had an impressive summer in 2013.

@OB how many SportTubes have you gone through? Come ski in Bama sometime with us! We're moving over from GA this week.

• Baller

TX

AR

LA

FL

HI

Not a very big list but I noticed Hawaii wasn't on many list. I skied on the slalom course on the river in Kauai during my honeymoon. The rental company even had a Kidder Redline just like mine. I free skied a bit then ran up to 1 bouy at 28off. The guy was really surprised.

College? There was a lot of drinking involved I might of been I different state and not even known it.

• Supporting Member

@OB Wait a second! PA wasn't on your list of never-skied-states.

Now I must question if everything I've ever read on the internet could be a lie!

Perhaps we should try to add NH to your list this summer? There's one site that's just over an hour from Logan where I sometimes beg up a set.

• Baller
Any retirees out there that have done a " Ball of Spray U.S. Tour " in a motorhome ? I plan on it in a few years. Tour the country and hit up Ballers along the way. Right now I'm just Ca Fl Nv Az and Mexico. Almost Hawaii , packed my barefoot suit for our honeymoon , but never used it.