Big Dawg Qualifier #2 in WPB

santangelo

• Baller

First off the dock in Saturday qualifying: Frederic Halt. See the running order at:

http://www.okeeski.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/BIG_DAWG_2015_RUNNING_ORDER.pdf

He is currently ranked # 1 in the World in 35+. See:

http://www.iwsf.com/wrl_0415/sl0415.htm#35M Both of his ranking scores were recorded in

the US. One at the 35+ Worlds, which he WON. How can the World Champion be the bottom seed?

Otherwise, the seeding looks reasonable, with Andy and Jeff out last.

• Baller
Predictions? This may be the best field ever in the history of the Big Dawg. I am guessing a record number of 39s will go down. Think anyone will run 41? I am going to say the cut will be 2@41 for the 8 getting in on top score and an average of a full pass at 39 for the 8 getting in on average. I hope they all kick ass!

• Baller

Amazing conditions this morning at the Bigdawg at OKee. The 200's are purring, drivers are doing a great job, not a ripple on the water.

Running order was settled out with really no issues. Some exciting skiing already. We are in a rain delay right now; typical south Florida blow in should blow out weather.

As for me personally, last year was my first time of sitting out a tournament season. In practice, skiing better than ever but i just dont have my "tournament toughness" back yet. Takes time to perform at the same level as practice in tournaments. Feel like i am relearning that piece. Hopefully it's the last piece on losing a season.

Tim Henderson of Dallas had a great early posted score of 5@39. He looked great!

Lots of chatter about the cut line at this one. It could be as "low" as 4.5 @39 or as high as 1@41 based on the first round.

Quite a few Flextails on the water too.

I've got internet access for a little while longer if you guys want more intel or have questions. Bring it on!

• Baller

Lots of scoreboard watching for guys on the bubble.

The cut line is shaping up quick. We'll know in about the next 4 skiers.

Wind has picked up one more notch. Stiff sw tailwind off the dock with a 35 start. Guys are starting to play the wind for 39:41

• Baller
They may have an edge in more performances when money is on the line and in front of crowds, but there are other guys that seem just as capable on any given day. I doubt that the rest of the competitors are going to lie down. This is how records get broken. Inspiration from competition.

• Baller
Incredible is all I have to say. I was boat judge for the final 8 through to the end (with Becky driving). Watching these guys from the boat leaves you wondering why you (I) struggle at lines they start at! We had Jeff in the final and when he ran the 4, I knew it was big. But watching Andy come through the course, he had such a good start and good rhythm going, I thought he was going to run it! I believe any of 5 or 6 of these guys could have won it, but it doesn't take much of a mistake at these line lengths to end your run.