All new 2016 Vapor

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Couldn't stand it anymore... had to pre-order a 67" from Performance. They made it too easy with their slick new website and the click bait "now accepting pre-orders" link on the front page. Takes you to a detailed description of the technical changes to the ski, a great picture, and a box to click on ski size. Not sure what happened but I'm pretty sure the checkerboard carbon fiber pattern on the top of the ski has some hypnotic power because the next thing I remember was the ding of a bell and I awoke feeling refreshed and eager to get on the water... and there was an email from Performance Ski & Surf with an order confirmation number.

• Baller
@baja Thanks for the order...skis are to arrive Tuesday morning at Nationals, and I'll verify they will also have them at the shop. I spoke today with Matt Rini, and Whitney on the ski, and I'll have Matt's numbers tomorrow, as well as Rossi's too as he'll be at Nationals. Apparently deeper than last years Vapor numbers...but we'll give you a great starting point based on their testing and what they are suggesting!

• Baller
I would just like to thank all of you for the support of the new ski. We are extremely excited about this release! It's been fun to watch the reaction of skiers who have had the opportunity to get a sneak ride on the ski. Very positive feedback with lots of excitement. Please come visit us at the Performance booth at Nationals to get the inside scoop.

• Baller
I had the opportunity to ski the brand new 68" over the weekend and ran a season personal best on it on the first set. The ski takes everything the 2015 has to offer and makes it better. I can't wait to get my hands on one that I can keep! Really tried to talk the guy that loaned me the ski into taking it to Nationals, but he seems to be very attached to it, so I will be skiing my 2015 and then making the move right after Nationals. Exciting to have such great options. Can' t wait to spend more time on this new ski.

@Chris Rossi I am 5'11" 200 lbs skiing into 35@ 36, currently on a 67 green, tried a 66 blue and liked the turn, but sometimes I was getting too much and losing stack behind the boat. Talked to @tfin and we think I need a 67 still, is this correct?

Do the new boots fit the same?

Best 2 ski sets of my life lastnight. 22 28 32 were off the chart earliest and widest i have ever experienced! Ran 2 of my 3 attempts at 35! and finished the second set with 2@38! This new ski has given me confidence and motivation to take my skiing to the next level. In the past after skiing into as much short line as i did lastnight i would feel the impact on my body the next morning but as i sit here typing i can tell you i have zero obvious pain or discomfort!! This ski will help take a lot of people to the next level!

• Baller

@kfennell you should definitely be on a 67. That 66 must have turned backwards for you at your height/weight! New boots have the best fit of any that we have made. Just subtitle changes and the addition of a boa on the lower part of the boot. Really nice upgrade.

@tjm you are correct.

• Baller

I got to talk to Sully & @Chris Rossi at length about this new ski at nationals. Rossi explained to me what each part of the new shape does in the water and I have never felt so much excitement coming from these two about a new shape before. I think they are really onto something.

The booth was packed all week, but that might have been due to the massive fan they had in there. Smart on their part. I think he helped them clear the new Vapor rack out!

Chris also explained to me some of the process of how he creates a shape and how he works with the programming guys to make it work. Some very interesting stuff. Ski design has always interested me.

All I can say is I really really want to try this new shape out. The guys I talked to that are on it have loved it from the first pass. The green Vapor has treated me well with a few PB's already, but I think it is time for an upgrade! #carvediem