All new 2016 Vapor

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@richfoster - Let us know how it works out with ski size and tuning on the 17 Vapor. It's nice to hear what works for the guys at your level in your division, I am catching up age wise, but a full pass behind your tournament PB. I am 6'2" 190+ and just started riding the 17 in a 67". I only have a few sets on the ski and it is working pretty good. The ski took me to my average on my last set and I was pleasantly surprised to get there so quick on a new ski.

• Baller

@richfoster Rossi emailed me the two binding and fin adjustments that got me thru 38 on this ski after struggling a bit on it on the purple. He is pretty responsive via email to help get skiers dialed. The moves he made were NOT intuitive to me and would not have been my experiments but each one was a significant improvement when I let him know what I was feeling, and what I felt the ski was not doing for me. Don't hesitate to try him as a resource.

The extra wing was my thing in between sets figured its an easy change on the fly, easy to change back without a caliper etc. Try some more angle one set...if you don't like it no biggie it's easy to go back. Stock was 9, I went to 10. Never run that much angle before on any ski...of course I've also had my bindings further forward for the most part, ran more "tip" in the fin, and haven't been on a '67 since my 36 mph days so a lot is different for me on this ski...but it feels dialed now.

Rode my new to me 16 today I've never got on new ski and went right to average first set 22,28,28,2@32 no falls or misses tell 2 ball got lean lock little dug myself into wake head first . second set 4@32 alls good but gate I'm snap turning can't roll in on tip .feel good and bang on the tail but really only at the turn for gate .thinking of moving boots like 8th forward ?.

• Baller
@JC McCavit I'm glad it worked for you so quickly. I think it's a good ski but it has felt more like a project for me. @6balls I got in touch with Rossi and his set up helped, but with a cross or tailwind I still struggled. I'll try the wing at 10 but the 65 felt like a better fit for me. The Radar guys are hard to beat. Eddie,Sully and Rossi are always nice even if I'm riding something from the dark side.

• Industry Professional
@ALPJr the 2017 Lithium Vapor compared to the 2016 Lithium Vapor loses our Textreme Carbon and our Innegra which is featured in the Pro Build with PMI. 2017 Lithium Vapor uses Sigmatex Carbon and a PVC Core out of the same mold.

• Baller

Me: "So the doctor said your mom's foot injury is bad enough that her season is essentially over."

Son: "That stinks."

Me: "Sure does. So, do you want me to take your bindings off your ski and you can use her '16 Vapor to finish out the season?"

Son: "OH, YEAH!"

• Administrators
@Justin_C the shape of the 16 and 17 skis are identical. There's no windows in the 16 skis but there are windows and 17 skis. I don't exactly know why there are not windows in the 16 but it does not impact the way the ski performs

10 Days in on a 2016, not a lot of sets and some of those on cold water, 57 degrees. Coming off a 2015 Vapor. Current settings on the 2016 are 29 7/8 (radar sequence plate double vapors), 6.949, 2.454, .743, 9 degrees. I had the fin deeper but struggled with onside turn consistency, have had the dft at .748 (onside issues again) and .738 (did not get enough cross course angle). Have had the boots back as well in increments all the way to 29 3/8.

2015 Vapor was at 29 3/4, 6.877, 2.478, .750, 9. I am 5'10" 185 lbs, 67" ski.

Buoy count have tied PB (2@35' off 34MPH) with the 2016 Vapor (on almost all the settings). But the current settings feel the best, good angle consistent turns (offside has been fine no matter what). Only issue right now is I feel faster than the 2015 so I hesitate/fall to my back foot to slow down.

So question - at the current settings does anyone see anything way out of line? Suggestions on things to try? I do not mind experimenting, part of the fun, would like to get that comfort level where I know what to expect of the ski in all situations - so just me as the variable.

• Baller

@davehr40 Try 2.455 6.953 72.3 9 wing also @6balls has had great result with 10 degree wing That I'm going to try this week move DFT to.73.3 with 10 degree wing

with all the settings I have tried I run up too average buoy count just moving DFT back help me. run -35 move consistently also every caliper measures DFT different so maybe its just My calipers?

• Baller

So this is my 16 story. I was looking to demo a 16 back in May so I call my buddy Darren Wiley and he sets me up with @eddie_roberts_jr and a invite to radar lake. I go demo the ski and totally ate crap on it (Eddie can support that)but I left with it any way.

I skied on it regularly and had a few set up issues that I got some help with from @Chris Rossi until we got busy with my son and his wakeboard season I only had the chance to ski two or three times a month in June ,July and August.

So after labour day I have been skiing every day each set getting better and better feeling more comfortable on the ski. Today I go out after the rain stops and run a -22,-28,-32 &1 @-35 the best I have ever skied - ever

The support you get from the radar team and there reps is incredible I am totally hooked on their products

Thanks for a great ski and fantastic support from the radar team

• Baller
@cragginshred can't remember exactly. What size are you on? I was having problems with my Offside being unpredictable at first where the tip was catching and putting me in the water. I was just about ready to give up and people started talking about moving the boots forward. I'm pretty close to Horton's #s.