What percent of ballers are still on rubber?

disland

• Baller
I have a bad problem with my rear foot cramping up. So bad that I can only ski 4 passes till the pain gets unbearable. Sometimes I just pull my foot out in between passes so I can manage 6 passes. I've tried fluid motions and whatever Radar hybrids where avail at the time. No luck on relieving the pain and lost ski time trying to get used them. Never could. Feel like the only bindings that work for me are the d3 leverage.

• Baller

I have been using double power shells for the past 8 years. I got a new stick today and also decided to switch to a single boot with a kicker. I received my new fluid motion boot today. Trying to mount my new ride but for the life of me I can't figure out how to open the toe clamp ratchet. I am not sure if the one I received is broken or I am just stund. Any advice on how this clamp is supposed to open would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Baller
Not on wileys, D3 T factors. Tried Hard Shells, no improvement in performance just more hassle and significant increase in probability of injury. Much higher percentage of Achilles and other injuries on hard shells.

• Baller
Was on hard shells (Fogman) from '02 to '10. Been on T-Factors since then. Mostly decided to change for ease of trying other skis. My performance didn't suffer, only comfort for extended sets or waiting on starting dock.

• Administrators

Some smart guys I know have been talking to me about going to T-Factors or back to Vapor Boots. The idea is that you can move your hips forward more without directly pressuring the ski. As I understand it - they want to pressure the ski with their feet not their shin and be able to be much farther forward at exit of apex.

I am not sure I am going to make the change but it is interesting.

Wilies pro build front ( thicker and stiffer than pro series), and wilies pro series for rear. It's really all i know, as i have been on them for years. I have thought about trying a hard, or d3, but haven't gotten aroun to it yet.

Love my Wileys! I am at the, could use large or medium. Ran large for many years. I tried the mediums back about seven years ago and just think they are so much better for me.

I was concerned with cramping with the tighter bindings but have none, and they just fit so much better. I am to old to change much so I am betting I will ride with Wileys the rest of my ski time! Now if we can just get some warmer weather.

• Baller
Previously had the white cuff reflex front with radar strada rear. This winter I had the privilege of working 2 months at a ski school in Fla which allowed me the golden opportunity to demo all types of new stuff. Demoed the T factor keeping my strada in back. Came home with the T Factor and still love it. Plenty of stiffness laterally with all the forward and back movement I need. Have already improved over last year but could be the new ski I also brought back.

• Baller
So, I normally leave my reflex on my ski between sets, but left my front shell in the boat and it got hooked on the rope, flipped in the lake and lost. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it- it's possible it fell off the platform. Stupidity is expensive.) So, until my new Reflex comes, I've regressed to an Animal front boot. C'mon FedEx!

• Baller
disland, it was really surprising how natural it felt, since the transition to the hardshell took a bit to get used to the added responsiveness. Having spent a decade or so on Animals vs. a season and a half on Reflex may have helped. That said, it's early here in south Canada and my technique is still pretty shaky. What I did notice is that tip engagement was lacking, though that may be a function of the binding being very slightly too far back on the ski as much as the binding not being as sensitive.