Neo tops - what is your favourite?

pgmoore

• Baller
I find my Camaro durable enough. My problem is my version (I think they have changed it) has graphics on the inside that make it uncomfortable. They itch and scratch. I have no idea why they would have the graphics on the inside.

• Baller

I have various Camaro. Which one you have makes a difference. Two titanium in two different thicknesses. One Blacktech. Also a Stokes. All of them are flexible and stretchy with the thin .5 Titanium the most flexible but you give up done warmth.

A Stokes is a fine suit and as warm or warmer than the thinnest silver Camaro but not as warm as the Blacktech Camaro nor the thicker Titanium in my experience.

I use my Stokes when it’s relatively warm and not that windy but if cold I go to the Camaro.

For real cold I like a thin Camaro titanium shirt with a full Blacktech suit over it. With air and water both in the 40s that is the best I have found. Preferable to my dry suit and still keeps you close to dry.

• Baller

I finally think I wore my Camaro Blacktec out. I poked a small hole through it after about a year not being careful with fingernails. It's 4 years old now, and the sleeves near the elbows have stretch ripples in them now. It's from taking it off wet. I take off the torso first then pull the sleeves off but they stretch some and I think that does the surface in. I ski with it after ditching the full wetsuit when the water hits about 65. I ski with it on anytime the air temp is under 70 to keep the wind off my skin or the water is under 75. It probably has 200 sets on it (conservatively).

The price they get for them now ($140 retail) they're certainly proud of them. My dry suit and full wet suit are O'Neill and have done very well. I think I'm going to try a Reactor 2mm top for about half the price of the Camaro. I'm hoping it's a little more durable.

Don't get me wrong, the Camaro is a great top, but the durability isn't great.