O'Neill Slasher vest vs. Eagle

MrJones

• Baller
Anyone have both and want to report? My second Eagle is falling apart after many years of use. No complaints about the vest, but every now and then change is good. Any comments about fit, size comparision, etc. appreciated.

• Baller
Scott I just bought a slasher this week. I went a size smaller. I'm in a small. Feels great the material seems more flexible. My only issue with Eagle was the Med was too small and the large was too big. I like the slasher being reversible. So far I would give it

• Baller

My Slasher is comfy but hasn't lasted very long and is already coming apart. P*sses me off because the retailer when contacted wants me to send it to O'Neil for warranty rather than them replacing it.

Good thing my wife can sew but not so good as it will probably be my last O'Neil vest.

• Baller

Good info. My wife has a Camaro and after only a year the pads are moving all around in it. It will be our last of those.

Durability issues with the Slasher concern me. I keep equipment forever and hate things that don't last. My Eagle is at least 5 years old. (Whatever the second year of Chicago Nats was) The Eagle is super durable, but just thought I might change. Of course, when something works why mess with it...

• Baller
5 years is thats pretty good. Mine is about that old but only use during the winter with wetsuits, other wise I sink with it. I bought a radar vest on clearance over the winter. Its nice but I have concerns that its not going to last very long. Think it is a Vapor vest.

• Baller

Follow up. I ordered an a Slasher from Performance. Tried it on, sent it back.

The Eagle just feels way more solid to me. The Oneill is super soft and doesn't "hug" you like the Eagle. The slasher is also a little shorter and didn't really cover my belly fully. I'm 6'1" so it may not matter if you are shorter in the torso. Overall after looking around a bit Eagle still rules in the competition vest market for me.