New some advice!

WCM

• Baller
I currently have a 2017 HO CX Superlite on order through Overtons ($1150). I found a new 2016 HO Syndicate V type R for ($995). Both have Double XMax Bindings. I'm an advanced skier and have run a course a few times but mainly ski open water here on the Brazos in Waco. I want to advance to running a course more often but I need to find one near Waco. My question is, which ski should I go with?? The CX is on backorder so I can cancel it.

• Baller
The "more ski for the money" would be the syndicate (and actually 1150 for a CX seems like it might be a little high.....maybe not with the boots? ) but for mostly open water and a little course skiing (even into a fairly short line,) thats exactly what the CX was designed for. Other concerns would be what speed you ski, your size, and length of those skiis.

• Baller
I'm 165 pounds and ski at 34mph. Everything I've seen I need to be on 67" ski?? I went ahead and canceled the CX with Overton's. I really wanted the HO animal bindings anyway so I ordered those. Now I just need to find a ski. I'm checking out Ski It Again.

• Baller

67 is a lot of ski at 165, but anything longer, that you can turn is going to be faster, side to side.

Skis that just turn, no matter what input they get, should be ridden long. For that reason I'm a big fan of demoing, or even buying cheap off SIA, to test and sell for about what I put in.